Welcome to the WWII Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the community.

103 Squadron crew information needed

Discussion in 'Air War in Western Europe 1939 - 1945' started by Skipper, Nov 10, 2007.

1. Skipper

Skipper Kommodore

I was wondering whether any of you have any info about the crew of Lancaster ND903 from 103 Squadron. (Maurice Dyer Crew) This Lanc crashed on July 26th 1944 while on an Operation to bomb Stuttgart. It crashed in a small village 40km east of orleans, France. I already have the "Usual" info like the names of the airmen found in Chorleys book, as well as the info available from the CWGC , but I would love to have more details about these brave men and/or possibly pictures.
    The reason I ask is because the villagers want to organize a commemoration for this crew and I am trying to help them.

2. Erich

Erich Alte Hase

Skipper I do not have all data in front of me but did all the crew go down with the crash- KIA ? if not then the German KU reports would give further light if they can be accessed

do we have a time of the crash ? one of H. Rökker's claims ?

3. Skipper

Skipper Kommodore

no , not a Rökker claim. There might even be a report at Freiburg as one of the crew did not die immediatlely and was transported to a hospital in a German truck.
    It crashed with its bomb load.

4. Erich

Erich Alte Hase

I have this little item, the German crew claimed a Lanc at 15 km west of Glen for his 15th victory

5. Skipper

Skipper Kommodore

That's the very one I'm working on Erich ;). Glad you got the same conclusion.