Welcome to the WWII Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the community.

104th, Co F, 415th Infantry Regiment

Discussion in 'Roll of Honor & Memories - All Other Conflicts' started by cose33, Jan 14, 2016.

1. cose33

cose33 New Member

My father served in WW2 in the 104th, Co F of the 415th infantry. He passed away when I was only 15 months. I am looking for any picks or stories related to him. He was Sgt. Richard W Seibert 3rd. His nickname at home was Dick. Anything would be extremely appreciated.
    Thank you
    Carolyn Seibert

Attached Files:

2. TD-Tommy776

TD-Tommy776 Man of Constant Sorrow

3. LRusso216

LRusso216 Graybeard Staff Member

4. Natman

Natman Member

Welcome to the forum, Carolyn. There are two books on the 415th that would be worth your time to read. You can go to your local library and have them search for "415th Infantry Regiment" and the books listed at this link will come up: http://www.worldcat.org/search?qt=worldcat_org_bks&q=415th+infantry+regiment&fq=dt%3Abks

Thru the library lend program, your local library can have a copy of the books sent to them (from another library where it's available, as listed for each book) for you to check out.

I would suggest you start with the Company E book. Although it's not your father's company, E and Company F were part of the same battalion and it's likely they fought alongside each other many times and there may be references as to what Co. F was doing. Click on this book and you'll see the libraries that currently have a copy.

The 'Combat History ...' book would be another one to look at. It's highly unlikely that your father would be mentioned in either book but they will give you a good idea of what the unit was doing and where they were located during the war.

Good luck with your research.

Steve