Welcome to the WWII Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the community.

200,000 Posts & Other Milestones!

Discussion in 'WWII Forums News' started by Otto, Aug 11, 2008.

Tags:
  1. Volga Boatman

Volga Boatman Dishonorably Discharged

Why not seperate the number of 'posts' further, and see just who is responsible for the most 'new threads'......my pick would be KAI PETRI.

As a newbie here, it is my understanding that Kai's posts most often result in new conversations.....I may be incorrect, but shouldn't this particular stat be reflected as well?....Or is this asking too much in the way of number crunching?

Shadow Master likes this.
  2. Otto

Otto Spambot Nemesis Staff Member WW2|ORG Editor

There are a ridiculous number of stats that are kept here, a lot of which are available at the bottom of the frontpage. As for expanding stats, we could come up with hundreds of different ways to look at the numbers, but ultimately they all mean nothing. What counts most is the overall respect and appreciation that other Rogues have for a given member. In that regard, they are but a few that even compare to Kai in terms of combined quality and quantity.

3. luketdrifter

luketdrifter Ace

I have to say, that being a fellow who sleeps little (2-3 hours per night, never in a row) I spend a lot of time looking at old threads. And I have to agree that Kai is a leader in quality. I do wonder, like I'm sure so many others do, what happens to the folks that seem to post hard and heavy for a while then just sorta disappear.

4. Jim316

Jim316 recruit

sweet

5. Martin Bull

Martin Bull Acting Wg. Cdr

They probably go the same way as people who join up and then post one-word 'contributions' to threads - which really don't contribute much at all.

6. urqh

urqh Tea drinking surrender monkey

For goodness sakes..I really only need to know who has the biggest handle bar moustache...Mines coming along quite well by the way...Competition time...

7. Spaniard

Spaniard New Member

That's an excellent observation. As someone stated WWII Geeks, theres nothing Geeky about WWII or Second World War Knowledge.

The Biggest Handel bar moustache, now thats funny.

Just an observation, since Threads and posts are two different things, it would be interesting to post the numbers of threads with the amount of Posts.

Without the Threads there would be no posts;)

8. Skipper

Skipper Kommodore

is he a good candidate Martin?

[​IMG]

9. Otto

Otto Spambot Nemesis Staff Member WW2|ORG Editor

This thread is old news, and now unpinned.

10. Fred Wilson

Fred Wilson "The" Rogue of Rogues

:bump:
    CONGRATULATIONS Otto: ... 11 Years, 273 Days later

http://www.ww2f.com/ has obtained a Global Ranking of 232,936 in the list of most visited sites. :eek: :clap:

Alexa monitors website traffic and provides great free assessment: Ww2f.com Site Info
    NOTE: Click on the Traffic Stats the Search Analytics and Audience Tabs for their free report results.

For further (fun) reference See: World Internet Usage Statistics News and World Population Stats

11. Ron Goldstein

Ron Goldstein WWII Veteran

May I, as someone from across the pond, join in the congratulations.

I confess that in the distant past I have had the odd bit of angst here but am happy now to admit it was due entirely to the efforts of a very rare troll/nutter that had arrived en-site to stir things up.

This is a good site and it didn't just happen that way.

Well done to all who made it possible !

Ron

Who can normally be found on ww2talk.com

12. Kai-Petri

Kai-Petri Kenraali

Indeed,

some of those stats seem like "what-the.." maybe companies who look for place to put advertisements want to know how much people earn but otherwise it was rather interesting. Changes of 1 and 3 months were also quite drastic, perhaps some things that are discussed more at one point draw more people here, and some not. Then again I´d like to say that the past threads are worth gold as so many things about WW2 have been discussed and many new things learnt I am sure. Cheers!

13. Fred Wilson

Fred Wilson "The" Rogue of Rogues

Being careful with the topic title wording on a new thread is one of the most useful tools for people searching that exact subject. That's where the search engines pick up most info.

Far too many people here title their new thread with wording that has little or nothing to do with the actual focus of the thread's contents.

One of the reason's I wish we could always be able to go back and edit that at will...
    - not to mention also being able to update out of date links etc. (My wish list.)

It must be frustrating to search for something esoteric and so, so important to you, only to find the only info on the web points you to yet another dead end.
    A live website should be able to keep old threads live, accurate and continually useful.

If it is vital for you, I believe you can ask (apologies in advance for mentioning this...) for that forum areas moderator to manually go in and repair for you.
    - but sure hate to use up their time with this. As is, it could take up a LOT (and I mean a lot) of their free time if we all took advantage of them like this.

gunbunnyb/3/75FA likes this.