Welcome to the WWII Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the community.

2016 F 1 starting today..

Discussion in 'Sport & Athletics' started by gtblackwell, Mar 19, 2016.

1. gtblackwell

gtblackwell Member Emeritus

Owen, that would not surprise me at all. It is all about sponsors and publicity in the end ! At least there was some question about who would win after the 2od lap :)

I find it interesting that Mercedes F1 program is base in the UK. It is good to see red Bull make a comeback. A lot of talent in that organization.

Gaines

2. OhneGewehr

OhneGewehr New Member

Alexander Rossi, winner of the Indy 500, drove 5 races in Formula 1. But for incompetitive Manor GP-Team, so no one took notice. Maybe they should give him a second chance.

Was it possible to watch the Monaco Grand Prix in the US free TV? Over here in Germany, there were hardly any pictures of the Indy 500. Back in the years of Mansell or Zanardi, you could watch every Indy Car race live and i enjoyed it.

3. gtblackwell

ESPN once had then F 1 rights for the US but lost it to NBC. NBC broadcast the Monaco GP on analog and digital so of you had an antenna is was free. I believe the US and Canadian GP's are also shown on regular NBC. All the rest are on NBC Sports and you can only watch them on cable or satellite TV which a fee for service. I can get WRC, European Touring Car Racing, Le Mans and it's series. Perelli Championship, but they only show segments of the 24 hour race. Of course NASCAR and The Indy Car series are on regular network broadcast.

WRC , Prototype racing, Touring car, etc. I find interesting. I think I have come up with an excellent way to watch the rest. The first few minutes of F 1 and the last few of Indy cars and Nascar. that way you can enjoy the interesting parts of the entire season in 2 hours !!

4. OhneGewehr

OhneGewehr New Member

That's a lot of motorsports.
    The 24 hours race at LeMans is something completely different to watch than other events. Everything can happen there. It can be extremly exciting or extremly boring.

5. Kai-Petri

Kai-Petri Kenraali

Red Bull sure has made a miracle. Too bad Ricciardo had to wait for the tyres, what a bad mistake there. Seems like Kimi does not like Monaco...I guess Nico had big problems as he let Hamilton past early in the race. Maybe it will get interesting more and more as Red Bull and ferrari start matching the speed of Mercedes?

6. Poppy

Poppy grasshopper

"The first few minutes of F 1 and the last few of Indy cars and Nascar."
    True that, MrB.

7. Kai-Petri

Kai-Petri Kenraali

Interesting battle inside the Mercedes team....

And Kimi starting to show his better side...I think he´s third now in the list of fastest rounds in the competition so not so bad as he made another fastest lap in Hungary. Too old, too slow?

1. [​IMG] DEU Michael Schumacher 77 19912006

2. [​IMG] FIN Kimi Räikkönen 43

3 [​IMG] FRA Alain Prost 41

PS. I think Senna should be there between Kimi and Mihcael.

8. Kai-Petri

Kai-Petri Kenraali

Another incredible mistake by Ferrari-did not make sure the tyre was attached properly...

https://youtu.be/FoekKpRbD-0

9. OhneGewehr

OhneGewehr New Member

Not incredible at all, a usual mistake which happens since decades several times during the season.

But at least it is easy to recognize, you can't drive with it more than a few hundred meters. That is why they did not change the way it has to be done, you simply can not drive with a loose wheel. Formula 1 is crazy about safety, the suspension is even fixed with steel ropes, they would never allow such a dangerous method if you just can drive away with it.

I remember Jacques Villeneuve loosing a wheel (not a tyre) without stopping the laps before, but this is very rare.

10. Kai-Petri

Kai-Petri Kenraali

The last race and Nico can win it or lose it....

Hamilton's full statement reads:
    "A friend, a mentor, and someone I consider to be family.
    "Aki, you have left an incredible legacy that will live on forever within our sport, and our hearts. One of the strongest, most inspiring people I've ever had the pleasure of calling a friend. God bless you and watch over your loved ones.
    "Thank you for everything, my friend. You've done so much more than you know for me, and many, many others. Much love, Lewis."

R.I.P. Aki!

11. Kai-Petri

Kai-Petri Kenraali

Congrats Nico!

Hamilton tried to slow him down so that others would catch him but not this time.

There will be many more trophies for you Hamilton.

Some youngsters were very promising and and one older one, Kimi. Button and Massa leaving the racing. Bye boys!

12. Martin Bull

Martin Bull Acting Wg. Cdr

The last laps were quite exciting to watch and I have to confess that I was rooting for Nico ( mainly because I was a great fan of his Dad and also, I just can't bring myself to like Hamilton....sorry )

13. Owen

Owen O

My Mrs was happy she's been a Nico fan since his first days in F1.

We can't stand Hamilton either.

14. Poppy

Poppy grasshopper

What does GTB think- haven't seen the maestro kicking it here lately... Love the GTB.

15. gtblackwell

Nico Rosberg has announced he is not coming back next year. at 31 and with a family says he has had enough. He probably has more than enough money and says he may look at other roles in FI just not as a driver. Bad news for the sport as he and Louis were the only truly competitive driver-teams .

I have almost quit watching F 1, may finish me off. the sport. Just not enought racing. Oh, Vladimir Putin sent me this on Twiter or how ever you spell it :)....Just kidding I think this is true news.

Gaines

16. Martin Bull

Martin Bull Acting Wg. Cdr

Afraid I'm with you there, Gaines.....I know I sound like one of the two old clubmen from the Muppet Show, but F1 really ain't what it used to be.

17. Kai-Petri

Kai-Petri Kenraali

Bottas at the moment seems to be closest to the Mercedes 2nd driver position. Massa coming back and would start in Williams...Things are changing somewhat...