Welcome to the WWII Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the community.

30mm cannon cartridges

Discussion in 'Weapons & Technology in WWII' started by Tony Williams, Apr 26, 2008.

1. Tony Williams

Tony Williams Member

2. Martin Bull

Martin Bull Acting Wg. Cdr

Excellent work as usual, Tony. I find the German 3cm ammunition endlessly fascinating and so do others, judging from the steadily-increasing prices of inert rounds.....:(

3. Skipper

Skipper Kommodore

I'm not too much into these. They are nice to collect when inert, but it's incredible how many people including dealers at flee markets sell dangerous rounds that could still explode at anytime. Unless I'm absolutely certain I don't to even close to these things.

4. Martin Bull

The rules in the UK are very strict and as always, it's best to buy from reputable, established dealers. With the base drilled, and a 'rattle' inserted, they should be safe enough. But yes, flea-markets or militaria bourses on the Continent should be treated with caution, especially the Ardennes area of Belgium where you could start WWIII if you were so inclined.....:eek:

5. krieg

krieg Ace

a grand collection there tony thanks for showing us very interesting
    best krieg

6. Skipper

Skipper Kommodore

It is a great collection though. I believe UE rules are the same now for collection weapons. You can now demilitarize weapons in any of the country that has signed the convention. Before that you could only do it in your own country. import-export is also strictly regulated

7. Martin Bull

I even treat de-acts with respect and never 'tinker' with them. I am always mindful of the British historian (Pimlott, I think ? ) who brought a 2cm shell back from a battlefield, and it killed him when he attempted to dismantle the fuze with a screwdriver.