Welcome to the WWII Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the community.

310th Field Artillery Battalion Battery “C”

Discussion in '☆☆ New Recruits ☆☆' started by jaythunder08, Mar 11, 2018.

1. jaythunder08

jaythunder08 New Member

I sent off for and received my grandfather’s military records. I have a good bit of info on before and after WWII but I’m looking for anyone that may have served with him or had a relative that served with his battery “C” unit. He was captured by the Germans near Stundwiller France while driving a forward observer unit but that’s all I know. I would love to know more details about this as well as any other info about his battery during WWII.

2. LRusso216

LRusso216 Graybeard Staff Member

I doubt you'll find anyone who served with him here. However, if you can post his name and scans of whatever documents you care to share, we'll do our best to give you resources you can use. We might also be able to supply you with data to fill in what you don't know. Good luck, and BTW welcome to the forum.

3. jaythunder08

jaythunder08 New Member

Thank you LRusso216, I’m hoping to find any additional info I can before making a trip to France and Germany.

His name was Ivy Funderburk and he was a PVT at the time of his capture. He was a truck driver for Battery “C”, 310th FA Batallion, 79th Infantry Division. I’ll upload info as soon as I can.

4. jaythunder08

jaythunder08 New Member

I have more documents regarding his entire military career, but these documents reference his missing report and statement when he was captured.

Attached Files: