Welcome to the WWII Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the community.

A short story od the war in France--(my cartoon)

Discussion in 'Western Europe' started by mr_sleepless, Apr 17, 2010.

1. mr_sleepless

mr_sleepless Member

hey gays

i'm a new member of this forum.
    i've draw some cartoons with a story of WWII. A short story of the war in France. Actually, i did not complet this story yet. And these cartoon is like an experiment for me.

and i realy hope i can have some suggestions from you!

in these part of the story, there are three characters: fighter of french resistance, a german soldier and a priest. the german soldier was escaped from the captivity of the french resistant, and was saved by the priest. But this part of story was started with the fighter of resistance searching of the german soldier. And by in the moment of three characters meet each other, i hope i can express some kind of dramatic scene.

View attachment 11586

View attachment 11587

View attachment 11588

View attachment 11589

Attached Files:

sunny971 likes this.
  2. sunny971

sunny971 Ace

Hey you really got some talent for drawing .. very nice.. Thanks for sharing

So where do you need our insight or ideas? You got the base characters, priest, german, partisan.. do you ideas for a story line involving these characters?

3. mr_sleepless

mr_sleepless Member

many thanks for your attention.
    i guess the story line you mention is very important for me, may be you can give me some suggestions.

and i do need some suggestions for details of those characters, weapons, clothes and environment involved the story.

thanks again!!!

4. LRusso216

LRusso216 Graybeard Staff Member

Your drawings are very good. I would suggest you search through some of the posts in this section Western Europe - World War II Forums for a sense of what was going on in Western Europe. It might help you to develop your story line in some context.

5. sunny971

sunny971 Ace

I'll be happy to give you some ideas!

I like comming up with stories. Okey here is what I was thinking for an idea..

You got your 3 main characters (I'll give them names just for the heck of it. But you can do what you like as far as naming your characters

french resistance fighter - louie Bernard
    your German officer - Obherst (Col.) Hans Schultz
    and the priest - father frank Martin

quick synopsis

there are two stories involved...the french fighter , the german commander and the priest that will eventually be the glue that will put the two stories together.

story starts off in the eastern front - lets say Ukraine. Obherst Schultz is commander of a group of soldiers in a small village there.. He is ordered to take command of the region and restore nazi order in the village.. one day he is taking a quick stroll in the village, when he hears gun fire in the distance and screaming people.. He moves into the direction of the gun fire. He sees a group of villagers being massacred in the forest.. they were all jews. He went to the commander of the SS unit in charge there and asked what was going on. The SS commander was given special orders from high command to eliminate all jews in the region. Col. Schultz was a little disturbed by what he saw. But having deep respect for his nazi government, he chose to continue his stroll and forget what was going on. When he arrived back to his station a letter was sitting on his desk, he opens it. It's from high command, he has been transfered to the western front . "special operation... commander of a special unit in charge of demobilizing and destroying underground partisan activity in Paris region"

Meanwhile in France, a man named Louie Bernard was angry of the nazi occupation of his land. He recalls his past a quiet simple life, a barbershop owner back in the day. He lived alone in an apartment in downtown paris. Lived a happy life, with the love of his girlfriend, named sarah. He remembers how he planned on marrying her, and start a family together. those dreams were shattered when the nazis took over. he recalls the day when Sarah came banging on his apartment door crying, saying that the nazis had sent her a notice claiming she was to be "resettled to another region" She cried to him saying that there were rumours that the nazis were going to tranfer her to a camp somewhere in poland.. Sarah was a jew.. Louie noticed the yellow star of david on her coat. He tried to console her but she cut him off crying "louie i'm pregnant. I must go now before they find me, I love you. Goodbye Louie" She had to run back before curfew, any jew cought outside after curfew would be shot.. He remembers that day vividly in his mind. That was 2 years ago. He had not seen Sarah since that day. He had gone back to her home but it was vacant. The trains had picked up all the jews from that region and tranfered them to eastern europe just like Sarah had said.
    He missed her. From that day forward he vowed revenge on the nazis. He joined the resistance movement and prepared to kill every nazis he saw. They robbed Sarah and his child from him. Two years later, 1944, he had aged considerably in two years. War had scarred him physically and emotionally..but he had become a famous resistance fighter, ruthless, determined to destroy the nazis.

Obhust Schultz arrives in Paris is given a briefing on recent partisan activity.. He is given a folder by the gestapo of the most wanted partisans in Paris.."find them, kill them" it says in the memo. He prepars his men to go into the underground and seek out these men.. he lifted up the photo of one.. "get me this man" he points to the picture. "Bring me back Louie Bernard!"

I'll get you the story involving the priest. I have written a bit, so i'll take a little break for now..let me know what you think so far

So far what I can think of is basically the col. begins to feel the wrath of war. He is a broken man, who has nightmares of the attrocitites that he saw. He seeks out a local priest named father Martin. He befiends the priest and shares his most inner thoughts and feelings with him. he no longer feels the same way about Hitler and is beginning to hate him for what is happening in the war.

Bernard will be tied into the story and eventually there will be a major battle between Bernard's resistance fighters and Schultz army. The priest is caught in the middle.

ill go on a litlle later, i'm a little tired right now.

PM me or email me if you like.. So what do you think so far ??? This is just a quick little synopsis that I thought up just now.

Okey all for now.

Hope you like it.

6. mr_sleepless

mr_sleepless Member

many thanks, my friend!!!

what you've writen is more than i expect!
    i realy like your story! The Col with the broken soul is just the character i want!
    And for me, the best respond for you i can do is keep drawing!!!

i'll start with the image of the Col which you've proposed. And i'll put it on this forum after i finish.

thanks again!!!

my MSN IS :antonyliu623@hotmail.com

7. sunny971

sunny971 Ace

Not a problem, i enjoy story writting. I'm glad you like the story so far. I'll be getting you part 2 shortly. if you need to contact me just send me a private message or email me.. Just go into my profile and send me an email.

i look forward to seeing your drawings. I'm Suzie by the way. i'm sorry I didn't catch your name.

8. texson66

texson66 Ace

Hey! Both of you keep posting! This is a creation in the works and will be great to follow along! Best wishes to you both!

9. mr_sleepless

mr_sleepless Member

hello my friend!!!

call me Antony:p will be fine.
    sorry for i reply your message so late. i just got back from a trip:ffzonewhore:.
    i'm free on the weekend, so i think i can finish the character design for the G-Col in those two days.

and we can have more material for the story:D

10. mr_sleepless

mr_sleepless Member

my friend

many thanks for ur encouragement.
    i'll keep drawing!!!:D

11. sunny971

sunny971 Ace

sounds like a plan Anthony ... i'll work on the priest.. i'll get a story going with him.

12. surfersami

surfersami Member

Don't keep it to yourselves guys, you've wetted our apetites. Keep posting when you can.