Welcome to the WWII Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the community.

A Special treat friends !

Discussion in 'Information Requests' started by Erich, Dec 22, 2002.

1. Stevin

Stevin Ace

Well, self published or not, Schierholz book is a must have! I am sure looking forward to that one. Did you know that Schnaufer's funker, Rumpelhardt, also wrote his memoirs? I don't have it yet, although it has been published last year.

I definately will get Carsten's book too. he helped me a lot with pointing me in the right direction when it comes to the flak claims made for Jan. 11, 1944. But, as with everything related to the LW, I have to go to Freiburg...

And as to the 5 books; I just can't help myself. When I find them, I have to have them. It is an illness.... :( ;)

2. Erich

Erich Alte Hase

So Rumplehardt's book is out ! Great news will be looking for that one too......ah so many books. Just ordered the L├╝beck-Blankensee book over the phone via Deutschland. Flugplatz for NJG 5 among others....maybe I can get some infos for my own books.....I hope so.
    Stevin, have you been to PRO in the UK ?

E

3. Stevin

Stevin Ace

Rumpelhardt's book can be gotten from:

Kollmann
    Muhlbach 19
    D-84164 Ottering
    Deutschland
    tel.+ fax. 0049/873/1397879
    Price : 29,50 DM + 11,00 DM post (in Europe)

No, I have never been to PRO, but that is also on my list. I was in touch with a guy that wanted to take any requests that I had, as he lived quite close to the place, but I lost contact with him. :( But after Freiburg it is first on my list...

The Lubeck Blankensee book....You were looking for that one for a while, right? Did you get it second hand or new?

4. Erich

Erich Alte Hase

Thanks Stevin for the Fritz R. book info.....11 Euro's for shipping......uk ! oh well.

Yes I purchased the LBC book new from October 2002 and now available through my book service out of the east coast which specializes in German titles as long as I have an ISBN # most of the time.

E

5. Erich

Erich Alte Hase

hey guys since this is about Peter Spoden the NF ace, let me advise if any of you can make it to Speyer October 20th this would be the time, Hajo Hermann, Walter Schuck and Ernst Scheufele of IV./JG 4 and JG 5 flying Bf 109G's, several others as well. Should be an excellent opportunity to visit and ask questions of these men