Welcome to the WWII Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the community.

A/T guns......

Discussion in 'Artillery' started by Dinger, Nov 3, 2001.

1. Dinger

Dinger Member

With the vast array of Anti-Tank guns available,I am going to stick to three.The 88mm Pak 43,the 17pdr,and the Pak 40.
    All deadly A/T guns in their own right.Which do you rate the best?
    The Pak 43-awesome hitting power and range,but a real bitch to conceal and move.
    The Pak 40,a good hitter and able to deal with most tanks,and cheaper to make,as well as much easier to conceal etc.
    I guess the 17pdr falls inbetween these two......Which do you rate?
    Me-I'll go with the Pak 40-for the reason it was able to deal with most allied tanks,and being easier to tow etc.

2. C.Evans

C.Evans Expert

Ill go with the 88, since it was a multi-purpose weapon. The awsome power this field piece had was something almost unmatched.

3. Erich

Erich Alte Hase

Good choice Carl ! I think the lower silohette.....pak 43 is it ?, or somthing similiar was an outstanding weapon. but the weight of unit was certainly a headache. The 88 was wonderful due to the long range it had over everything else at the time. The Pak 40 I may have to agree being easy to handle, move and transport and could it hit.....you're brief bio on Remy sure shows that for sure.

E

4. C.Evans

C.Evans Expert

Thanks. I also liked the 88 as it could kill anything thrown at them, and from a long distance.

PAKs were great also--look at Remys 3 day kill record of when he was behind russian lines and wounded 5 times--17 tanks-by himself.

Oh and Oooooops, I forgot.

Good sites for clasps are www.weitze.com.

Go to www.blackcrossmilitaria.com go to their links page and go to the green banner with white lettering--you will find Detlevs url in "D", and many other good urls. I forgot to write any down. When picking some urls-check with me first and I will let you know if they are good dealers or not.

Oh and N&T Global is in "N" ite owned by Norbert Graetz. This is a site where some of the "big boys" of collecting go to to get stuff a bit cheaper.