Welcome to the WWII Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the community.

Ahoi Matey !!

Discussion in 'Uniforms, Personal Gear (Kit) and Accessories' started by Erich, Oct 1, 2009.

1. Erich

Erich Alte Hase

will keep this thred on-going as new acquisitions appear and for members comments

a purchase I ahve waited for many a year to close and here it is finally. been real lazy on this one and it is coming forthwith so will use the chaps posted pics until the item arrives where I will take further pics and make comments.

7x50 power Kriegsmarine beh # 472555 Binoculars and case. 1944 dated. Complete Bino's with rubber shock ends. there are a few specific details I will get into later but here we are for everyones opinion and enjoyment.

first pic is from another chap showing the size and relational difference between a U-Boot armored on the left and the much taller beh (black-roughed) Binos.

Attached Files:

Skipper likes this.
  2. Erich

Erich Alte Hase

and the item purchased, will do some cleaning up obviously from it's storage

the case .......

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

~ Eagle and M on the top of the protective lid ~

[​IMG]

~ Opening the lid you can see the protected patch area for the bottom of the Bino's ~ as these are inserted top down ~

[​IMG]

Mr. S and Kai-Petri like this.
  3. Mr. S

Mr. S Member

Nice one erich!
    A friend of mine has U boat self adjusting binos, absolutely fantastic.
    They were from U75, inscribed Muller, which he researched and found.
    Your binos and case look in superb condition and nicely marked too.:eek:
    congrats mate:D
    BW John

4. Erich

Erich Alte Hase

thanks so much John, most appreciated. the items are increasingly hard to come by unless a person has personal contacts. ebay in all it's forms has the run of the mill it appears but shopping and purchasing for this not in-expensive item to me seems fool-hardy..............

closer views of the Bino's itself soon.

incidently was looking through my S-Boote Tender Tsingtau photo album, one foto shows Kommandeur KKpt. Jung with an older pair without rubber guards around his neck. Foto to come as well.

5. Erich

Erich Alte Hase

Close-ups so far of the Bino itself ........

the rubber cuppings removed

[​IMG]

left recepticle markings - very clean

[​IMG]

finally the "rear" end of the bino's showing the heavy rubber over guard protectors to literally protect the Bino's from being knocked around and damaged. It is quite a common thing now to purchase a set with damaged or cracked rubber casings.

[​IMG]

the Optics of this KM Naval unit are reputed to be in excellent condition which is another plus of this purchase.

6. Erich

Erich Alte Hase

am going to borrow a few other fellas pics to show more of what this type of KM "Rubber Armored" looks like...........

the last unit really shows off the top, middle and bottom moisture protectors to their fullest potential.

Attached Files:

7. Erich

Erich Alte Hase

although the bino's have been said to equip only the surface fleet(s) here is one worn by a member of a U-Boot crew. U-96 or 97 ?

Attached Files:

8. C.Evans

C.Evans Expert

Congrats on your nice find E ;-)) I almost bought a set-up like this from a Pawnshop owner when I lived and worked in Beeville-13 years ago. At the time, I thought the guy wanted way too much for them-appx $500. The money I would have spent on them, went towards my Mauser Sniper Rifle Variant instead ;-))

9. Erich

Erich Alte Hase

Carl

I'll post more when the bino's come by the 9th to the doorstep, would be nice of a DkG in Gold with KM blue backing would be included .......... ;-) I have picked up more info's on this fine pair so will include