Welcome to the WWII Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the community.

Airborne Helmet

Discussion in 'Uniforms, Personal Gear (Kit) and Accessories' started by Martin Bull, Jun 29, 2002.

1. Martin Bull

Martin Bull Acting Wg. Cdr

Never give up !
    I'm not really into helmets, but walking past a local 'junk shop' a few months back, there's an airborne-type helmet amongst the junk on the pavement. Nice - must be a post-war one. Picked it up, turned it over, and faintly stamped into the liner leather is ' BMB - 7.3/8 - 19.44 '.
    It's a 'real' one.... OK, it's the later, web-chinstrap one and didn't go to Arnhem but it's 'of the period'
    'How much for this?'
    'Only came in this morning, mate - ten quid'.
    Doesn't happen every day - but it's nice when it does !

2. Popski

Popski Member

Lucky you

You just have to keep your eyes open and have a sort of fifth sense to get to this kind of fine stuff.

Cheers Popski

3. Popski

Popski Member

G'day

Which reminds me. Went to a bikeshop today working my BSA WM20. Looking in a corner there are two british petrolcans. Belonged to the owners father, but he didn't use them anymore and wouldn't miss them. "Just take them if you want to" Not as interesting as a Airbornehelmet but also not as expensive.

Popski

4. Panzerknacker

Panzerknacker New Member

Not as good-but an Infantry Assault Badge in Silver cost me $37

5. C.Evans

C.Evans Expert

Good deals--the Brit Airborne helmets--i have seen over here for as much as $200.00/ And Ryan--thats a GREAT deal on a Silver IAB--and much much cheaper in cose than mine--lucky bloody you-- :D