Welcome to the WWII Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the community.

Albert Hing Brings Back Trouble From Mexico

Discussion in 'Roll of Honor & Memories - All Other Conflicts' started by Poppy, May 1, 2013.

1. Poppy

Poppy grasshopper

At 87, Albert decided to go to Mexico. Had a great time. Brought back some Tequila. Remembers watching MASH, etc, etc. Got up from his favorite lazyboy, and fell backwards....
    The old boy passed out. When he regained his senses, managed to drag himself to where the wireless phone was. Had to shake the table in order that the phone would fall down.
    Went to see him today. As I walked down the hall, about to enter his room, could see him as he lay straining to look around the partition between him and the other bed. And he looked pissed. Full of vinegar. Then he recognized me and laughed. He figures he's not getting enough attention. Had me go ask the nurse to move him from bed to a chair. Refused my offer of help....He had this ten pound hard cover bio on the Queen he wanted to read in his chair...I brought him the Macleans Magazine which had a good article on the Boston Bombings.
    Fortunately his hip is only cracked. He buggered his shoulder too. ..He has plans for Hawaii next year.

My folks and I celebrated their 58th wedding anniversary at a nearby restaurant to the hospital.

2. urqh

urqh Tea drinking surrender monkey

Get Albert on ww2 forums...He'd fit in perfectly here...

3. Poppy

Poppy grasshopper

Ha. I've said that. Had to go and show the old boy [write down the instructions] on how to use his remote controls he has for the cable box, TV, DVD, and VHS. He has a lot of old movies on VHS.. Don't think he'd catch the computer thing....Also trouble shot his doorbell issues....He's pissed his garden is behind schedule. I'll offer an occasional hand. Have my own and my parents house to look after.

4. urqh

5. KodiakBeer

KodiakBeer Member

He just needs somebody to drink Tequila with.

6. urqh

Are we looking for volunteers....I'm free to travel....Can we make it Guinness

7. Poppy

Poppy grasshopper

You are welcome to come to Alberta for a visit. Happen to have a spare room for any WW2F member who may travel around these parts....I've often thought about visiting rogues from across the globe. A fantasy though, unless I win the lottery....
    Albert says he will never drink tequila again....I, on the other hand, would. Not with wine though. That would be a hot mess.

8. urqh

Shouldn't be too free with the invites Poppy mate...I'm about to do some serious travelling...Leave the key under the mat please mate.

9. rkline56

rkline56 USS Oklahoma City CG5

Dear Mr. Albert Hing,

Get well soon mate! I saw weird objects once during an unusually and almost fatal dose of tekillya, somewhat akin to what Carlos Castaneda may have seen in his travellings through "A Separate Reality" or the looking glass.

10. Poppy

Poppy grasshopper

Tequila can be a portal of sorts...I'll relate that to Albert, thanks eh MrK.....I'd be disappointed if a rogue were to pass within several hundred kilometers and not pay a visit....Waterton and the Badlands are 2 world heritage sites located within a 2 hr drive from here.

11. rkline56

rkline56 USS Oklahoma City CG5

Glacier National Park or Waterton South is my favorite place in the world, so Waterton is definitely on the list to see.

12. Poppy

Poppy grasshopper

Come on by Mr K...If I had money to travel, would darken your doorstep.

13. urqh

Memo to Urqh...Get builders in...remove doorstep...

14. Poppy

Poppy grasshopper

My avatar is merely an expression of [my] life's futility, my recognition of the fragility of life, and -because if you can't laugh, then you must cry...Maybe I should change my avatar?..It could be bringing me bad luck with the chickee babes.

15. urqh

No...I'm sure any 2
    "chicks" that inhabit our great forum...will be impressed by your avatar...I'm surprised you have not been taken from us by a fragrant one...I'm sure it will work as an aphrodisiac of some sort...Abs are but a lump of lard...Your avatar speaks for you....Says something...Clem says it says run..but she's a laugh that girl...

16. Poppy

Poppy grasshopper

Ha.lol...48 isn't a number most nubile young ladies are happy to hear. Unless it's the first two digits of your 6 digit income....Thinking of writing our local government official in charge of disgruntled middle aged men who are looking for nubile, unencumbered 22 year old women with a father complex, who [apparently] seem to be age discriminating.....Because something has to be done, in order to address the injustice that has been forced upon... me....sniff....Awww, just shoot me...Call me the Cat Man, i don't care anymore...sniff.
    Then again, there are always the fat chicks....I joke, I joke.
    [will decide tomorrow if that inebriated joke is acceptable, will also observe hit count]