Welcome to the WWII Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the community.

Another shooting incident in Finland

Discussion in 'Free Fire Zone' started by Kai-Petri, Sep 23, 2008.

1. Kruska

Kruska Member

Hello Kai-Petri,

to what extend if at all are the parents of those youth or under age kids being held responsible in Finland ?

Regards
    Kruska

2. Kai-Petri

Kai-Petri Kenraali

None at all, Kruska. Also if the underaged do damage it is not considered a crime mostly, in some cases though they might have to pay for the damage after they are over 15/18.

3. Kruska

Kruska Member

Hmmm.. that makes things indeed very difficult to change or to achieve more awarness by the parents if necessary.

Regards
    Kruska

4. JCFalkenbergIII

JCFalkenbergIII Expert

Funny how this view about "Age" tends to sway the response to something like this. Doesn't make the victims less dead when someone acts this way. The old "They are too young to know better" or "Not old enough to understand what they are doing or did".

5. Kai-Petri

Kai-Petri Kenraali

What a crazy world it is....

I just read that during the aftermath of the shootings the youngest person to send bomb threats in Finland was 11 years old...

Other:

Helsingin Sanomat - International Edition - Home

Some even try to make money from school shootings. Already on Tuesday, a website in the United States was selling T-shirts featuring a picture of Matti Saari. The same site maintains a list in which school killers are placed in a “ranking order” based on the number of people they have killed.

The two shooters at Columbine, Jokela’s Auvinen, and most recently, Matti Saari have an iconic status on certain websites, similar to that of serial killers depicted in horror films.

Those combing the Internet searching for possible future school killers face a big problem: how to distinguish truly dangerous individuals from those who just want to make a noise.
    "I love this day! I love it!" declared one person who had known about Matti Juhani Saari on his YouTube page a few hours after the shootings.
    The person in question said that he did not know Saari personally, but knew of him.

6. Kruska

Kruska Member

It's not even a crazy world anymore as in the 60's or 70's, it has become a sick world.

It's frightening to see how misserably the respective education and guidance on behalf of the parents failed.

Just to blame or push it on society and the environment in regards to violent movies and PC games seems too simple to me. Responsibility on behalf of the respective governments is totally missing.

Just imagine after 9/11 people displaying a burning or crumbling world trade center would be seen walking around.

Regards
    Kruska

7. Kai-Petri

Kai-Petri Kenraali

The pathology reports say that the killer had shot some 20 rounds to some of the victims.... He definitely was a huge nutcase...

8. Kai-Petri

Kai-Petri Kenraali

And this is what happens:

Handgun permits would no longer be granted to first-time applicants, the interior ministry said.

Instead, they must train for at least a year at a gun club before being allowed to apply for a permit.

All applicants must also provide a note from a doctor about their mental health and sit an interview with police. The new rules cover pistols and revolvers.

The new guidelines were issued to police on Monday.

-----------

Again it is left to the doctors to decide about things, like they had nothing else to do...

9. Kruska

Kruska Member

I think it is a good step in the right direction - even though the existing guns in your country would still be available to some lunatic.

Maybe they should think about collecting all the existing guns first - meaning keep them locked at the shooting range.

Regards
    Kruska

10. C.Evans

C.Evans Expert

The latest I heard about this pirates problem, is that several US NAvy warships are within seeing distance of these Pirates-making some of them ship their draws. :lol: :lol:

11. Kai-Petri

Kai-Petri Kenraali

Helsingin Sanomat - International Edition - Home

A total of more than 120 threats against schools and colleges in Finland have come to the attention of the National Bureau of Investigation, Finland's central criminal police, since the fatal shooting incident in Kauhajoki.
    The number of reported threats against educational establishments in the two weeks since 22-year-old gunman Matti Juhani Saari killed ten others and himself is greater than that which police were notified of between the Jokela and Kauhajoki cases.

12. Mibo

Mibo Member

Someone from our school called the police saying there were candles and a sign reading " You will die next" somewhere in the school. The police came, searched the school, and found nothing. I don't know if there actually were signs and candels and somebody removed them, or was it just a rumor and someone called the Police.

Just wanted to share my personal experience with these "fake" threats. I gotta admit, i was a bit scared the first time i heard the police came to the school to investigate a threat.