Welcome to the WWII Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the community.

Another tragic school shooting

Discussion in 'The Members Lounge' started by Canadian_Super_Patriot, Oct 2, 2006.

1. smeghead phpbb3

smeghead phpbb3 New Member

via TanksinWW2
    Guts in which context? :D

Yes it is going to help... Criminals get their guns illegaly, fine... That is the systems fault as much as it is the criminals... The system needs to make sure that criminals can't obtain weapons illegaly, as they have a responsibility to do so...

Right now the American government is making it easier for them to obtain weapons illegaly; their lenient system is easier to bypass... More scrutiny would be welcome when selling guns, because at some point the gun passes between legal propetry and illegal property in the posession of a criminal... Criminals do not make their own guns, they get them from legal sources... Making sure that they don't get guns in the first place is something the government can control to a better extent

Well thats just the way the rotten world is... You can't expect your problems to blow away without making some sacrifices yourself... If waiting an extra week to recieve a gun is too high a price for heightened civil order then that's America's problem... not mine

2. majorwoody10

majorwoody10 New Member

via TanksinWW2
    smeg...criminals DONT get guns from legal sources...unless you consider buying stolen property a legal source ...i myself have had opertunitys to buy nice clean shiney guns for way under retail ,i refrained because i am not a felon and do not wish to become one simply by possesing such a foolish thing ..where would i shoot it ,guns are loud and can often attract police scrutiny ..possesing a gun with the id numbers filed off is a felony,it is a crime to sell or buy a firearm without going through a licsensed gun dealer .to posses a long gun of less than 26 inches ,to carrie a loaded gun in your car..to posess certain military style semi automatic rifles ( based soley on apperance )..we have oodles of new gun laws here in califonia ,i mostly make it a point to know and complie with gun laws ,why not ,its easy enough......but heres the thing ,criminal types not only dont know the law ,they dont give a shyt ..it never even occurs to them that carrieing a loaded ,25 inch long shotgun with the numbers filed off hidden under their car seat ,is like adding another 5 felony counts for no good reason ...their really dumb smeg ,thats why they are criminals ..all those laws mean absolutley squat ...to them ...guns are common enough in american households ,burglery is a common crime ...ergo ,free guns ... more gun laws effect only me ...not them...sigh ...is any of this sinking in if i were raised in a culture that was devoid of guns im sure i would feel mostly safe from gun weilding thugs but not from fist or knife weilding tuffs..i dunno ,i guess its how one is socialized,personaly i much prefer the option of being able to defend myself and my family with something other than my bare hands or a stick...unfortunately , god really did not create all men equal ...but col. colt did...

3. smeghead phpbb3

smeghead phpbb3 New Member

via TanksinWW2
    What I mean is, at some point in a guns life... A gun turns from being legal property, into being illegal property...Whether it is stolen or sold by a crooked dealership, or if it is sold to someone legit who uses it for criminal purposes later... The government can monitor such things

For example... In Australia, I personally do not own a gun license... When I go to a firing range, I am allowed to practise with a rifle as much as I like... However, if I want to fire a pistol, I am allowed to practise with a pistol on THREE separate occasions, after which I am banned from using them until I obtain a gun license... This is done to prevent me from learning how to properly use a pistol, which can be easily concealed as used in a robbery... Also no one is allowed to buy guns without a license... Such minor restrictions as these reduce crime just a little without inconviencing the public all that much...

For the billion-and-one-th time... Gun control does not mean the government will take guns away from good law abiding citizens... People have a right to own guns... SO LONG as they prove they are responsible enough to use them legally, something which it seems isn't required in the U.S.

All gun control means is that you'll have to wait another week before you get it... During which time the government will ideally make sure the gun is going to be used responsibly

Seriously, whats the problem?

4. Canadian_Super_Patriot

Canadian_Super_Patriot recruit

via TanksinWW2
    The only way to stop gun crime is to to make it illegal and destroy all existing fire arms. I would not like it to come to that, but that appears to be the only way, unless there is some benevolent responsibility surge and people stopped shooting each other over stupid things and stopped starting oppurtunities where they can get shot and follow the rest of the law.(thats not gonna happen) Im sure criminals will find others ways to kill, though.

5. Grieg

Grieg New Member

via TanksinWW2
    Reduce crime? Are you sure?

Link to another article:

http://www.fraserinstitute.ca/shared/readmore.asp?sNav=nr&id=570

6. Canadian_Super_Patriot

via TanksinWW2
    nice post Grieg

7. Siberian Black

Siberian Black New Member

via TanksinWW2
    On a slightly different note, things were kinda heated today at school.

A school in Oakridge foud grafitti in a boy washrom stating that a gun would open fire in the school (not sure if it meant that specific school or just a school but either way......) The date given was the 23- which is today (duh.....) Anyways, we had all but one set of doors locked (AFAIK all day)

(If you've heard about this, please correct any mistakes, I don't remember a lot of the details)

8. majorwoody10

majorwoody10 New Member

via TanksinWW2
    when i was in hs in cali in the early 70s it was common practice amongst us boys to wear large folding buck knives on our belts and steel toed work boots ...very macho....though fist fights were common enough ,no one ever pulled out their buck ,no matter how badly they were loseing at fisticuffs. (because that would land you in jail ,get you suspended and generally ruin your life) ...school shootings were unheard of,,, then , when the first school shootings happened in the mid 80s iirc ..the huge hysterical media circus that always ensued made the perpitrators hugely infamous celebrity giants bigger than john dillinger or charles manson ....needless to say more school shootings were spawned almost immediatly....want to be a historic legend like lee harvey oswald ?... easy . bring a gun to school ,settle some old scores and watch the sober faced tv media jackels ( pretending to be so upset to have to report this storie ) make you immortal....but remember ...you have to do it at school while your still enrolled if you wait till after graduation and just shoot ordinary people on the street ,your still gonna be just a faceless nobody...

9. Canadian_Super_Patriot

via TanksinWW2
    Great point