Welcome to the WWII Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the community.

Anyone here fans of: the Eagles?

Discussion in 'Sport & Athletics' started by C.Evans, Nov 26, 2007.

1. C.Evans

C.Evans Expert

I don't know if this is old news or not but, the Eagles just released 20 new songs-the first new ones released in 28 years! I was wondering why Wally-World had been advertising and displaying so many copies of their new CDs.

Anyway, im greatful to have some new Eagles tunes to listen to. It's hard to believe that they formed in 1971. I'd thought those guys had been around a bit longer than that?

Mmmmmm, need to hear about the Hotel California while drinking a Tequila Sunrise.

2. Slipdigit

Slipdigit Good Ol' Boy Staff Member WW2|ORG Editor

The new album (CD) is just so-so, to me.

3. C.Evans

C.Evans Expert

Tell you the truth though, i've only heard one of the new songs. For the price, i'll probably snag a copy anyway.

4. bigfun

bigfun Ace

I didn't even know they had a new album out!

album.....i'm old!

i'll have to see about picking that up, love the eagles, actually i still have the LP "Hotel California"

5. PzJgr

PzJgr Drill Instructor

Can't remember what their most recent hit song was. I prefer the old stuff.

6. C.Evans

C.Evans Expert

I sold off what was left of my Record collection (after most of what I had was stolen from me in 2000) but, I still have a mint copy of Hotel Calif, on a 1st release .45 ANNNND believe it or not, I still have the 8 tract tape as well.

7. bigfun

bigfun Ace

8 track!!
    wow, i almost forgot about those!

8. C.Evans

C.Evans Expert

I did too. But one day a few months ago, I decided to raid the deepest darkest dustiest reaches of my walk in closet, and decided to make some purges. Anyway, to my grin or chagrin, I found a box with about 20 or so 8 Track tapes in it. All in pretty good condition. Not sure if I should keep these or auction them off?

Oh and for anyone interested in how much these Eagles Cds cost, they sell for $11 bucks and some change.

9. skunk works

skunk works Ace

I gave my albums to a good friend, (along with my turntable & speakers), combined we now have close to 500. Some rare stuff.
    They still play, and are a "time-capsule" about attitudes back then. He said they'd be worth something someday, and I poo-pooed him. They're his now, so no big deal. Perhaps they're like other one shot wonders (music/movies) which don't get re-formated, and are otherwise....gone forever.
    I'm jealous, and then again I'm not. They are still available.

10. Martin Bull

Martin Bull Acting Wg. Cdr

Somehow I always preferred Gram Parsons ; the Eagles were always a little too slick for my taste. Although Desperado did have a certain FM charm......

11. bigfun

bigfun Ace

I lost all of my Elvis records, 16 of them! I think they found there way into my sisters collection! But I still have most of my own collection, i like looking trhu them at garage sales, hoping to find a gem! I have one that I paid 2 dollars for and I have been offered $65.00 for it! A first edition Chubby Checker!

12. C.Evans

C.Evans Expert

Not to stay off topic long here but, My Mother used to have a 1st release copy of every Elvis record released-until that is, my older Brothers decided to use them all as Frisbees. :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

13. bigfun

bigfun Ace

frisbees!!!:eek:

wow, i would hate to find out how much those are worth now!!!

14. C.Evans

C.Evans Expert

Heh heh, yes and, it's a wonder that any of my Brothers and older Sister, ever lived past their teenage years because of all the "messes" they created.

Here's two quick ones for you.

We all used to climb up onto the three car garage and we used to break off pieces of the shingles and use those as frisbees as well.

And to make things much worse (for my parents) every year after Christmas, we used to go around collecting as many Christmas trees as we could taking them to the garage and building a "fort" out of them. My Dad would be nice enough to let us have our "tree-fort" for about a week, and then we'd have to lug them back to where we first got them from.

Well, we thought we were being slick by taking all the trees and dragging them down the Alley to a house about half a block down that had a garage about 75 feet back behind the house. The garage was in disrepair and long-since not used for anything soooooooooo, we placed all the used Christmas trees inside it and made another ""fort"" of sorts. We did this for a few years until we finally got cought, by a Granny wielding a Shotgun.

15. bigfun

bigfun Ace

oh now that's what i call a good time!!

[​IMG]

16. C.Evans

C.Evans Expert

Heh heh, I left out the part that we all got our butts whipped by my Dad when the "sweet ol lady" went and told my Dad what happened. It was dark when we were made to take all the trees out of her garage and back to where we first dragged them off from.