Welcome to the WWII Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the community.

Anyone interested in WWII Japanese Militaria?

Discussion in 'Other Militaria' started by C.Evans, Nov 23, 2010.

1. C.Evans

C.Evans Expert

I was wondering if anyone was interested in Japanese Militaria? If so? then I have a Japanese Ariska Bayonet I need to move. The bayo comes with orig scabbard. There is tarnishing to the blade due to storage and also some pits on some metal surfaces. Over-all, the bayo in not mint but close to it. IM asking $110.00 I paid $50 for it 30 years ago.

If anyone is interested in it? please let me know. I NEED extra funds for my Cat Shasta-who is still sick.

Thanks for reading and sorry for no pics--Carl.

PS, ive only looked briefly on a few sites for value comparison and only found one site with the same type and quality of Aricka Bayo as mine is-and this was a few months ago @ www.blackcrossmilitaria.com who had theirs listed for about $350.00 It sold. I dont actively look for WWII Japanese stuff sop I DO NOT know what a fair market value is for this item. I just need to sell it to get extra money to get my Cat back ona healthy road.

2. formerjughead

formerjughead The Cooler King

Playing the sick cat card ..... I need to check with a buddy to see if he needs one (bayonet not a sick cat).

3. Skipper

Skipper Kommodore

you would have to sell this to an American Carl. EU legislation makes it dodgy for Europeans to order such toothpicks

4. mikebatzel

mikebatzel Dreadnaught

Check your PM box Carl.

5. C.Evans

C.Evans Expert

Thank all, three of you Gents. Also, Mike I replied but couldnt tell much more cept thats its Quillion is curved, and mine has double markings and im guessing from the link you kindly provided-that it was made by another factory under the supervision of the main factory? Also, the blade is a bright one and not finished-blue? and im most positive that the wood was attached with screws-I dont remember any rivits of anykind on it anywhere?

Anyway, I thank all of you for the responses and could use the help in getting rid of it.

I THINK my Cat now has a fever-as her ears were pretty warm to the touch. Its too hard to tell by just touching her forehead since they have a normal temp of about 103. I did get two meds for her yesterday which ill know if tey work hopefully by Sun? monday?

Oh and Mike, I sent along my cellphone number if you want me to call you or get one from you and I can better describe more.

Take care guys and HAPPY THANKSGIVING--Carl.

6. C.Evans

C.Evans Expert

Item is now sold thanks to a kind Gentleman here ;-))

It went out last week and is insured for more than the post office is willing to pay-providing it gets delivered dameaged or worse-stolen.

7. Skipper

Skipper Kommodore

Hi Carl if you have Japanese clothing or flags for sale then I might be interested. They are not too heavy to go in the mail and are allowed here

8. C.Evans

C.Evans Expert

Hi Skipper, the Bayo was my only Japanese piece but, I can keep an eye out for you on flags and such if you want? I know two collectors who live in Corpus Christi, and in the eventuality of moving back here, I plan to get in touch with both of them and might be able to broker a few deals? ;-))

9. C.Evans

C.Evans Expert

Hi Skipper, the Bayo was my only Japanese piece but, I can keep an eye out for you on flags and such if you want? I know two collectors who live in Corpus Christi, and in the eventuality of moving back here, I plan to get in touch with both of them and might be able to broker a few deals? ;-))

Sorry for the double post, the damned computer hiccuped and posted twice.

Skipper likes this.
  10. C.Evans

C.Evans Expert

Hi Skip, even though this thread shows you posted last, I cant see it to reply--yet ;-))

11. Skipper

Skipper Kommodore

It went through Carl, your answer post was just printed twice. Thanks for the reply. The reason I ask is that Japanese stuff is much easier to find in the US. due to soldiers bringing stuff home from the Pacific front . The few we have here mostly came via Indochina , Burma or Indonesia which were former Japanese occupied territories that were later briefly reoccupied by European troops .

12. C.Evans

C.Evans Expert

Hi Skipper, nicht ein problem. Ill keep eyes and ears peeled for any Japanese stuff. Oh and, I left a message with Don about looking for or to see if he still has any Japanese stuff? I know he used to have rank insignia as weell as caps and Samurai Swords. Don mostly collects German stuff though.

I dont know when I will hear back from him? He's currently out of Country on vacation as well as a buying trip for his businesses ;-))