Welcome to the WWII Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the community.

Baddest man on the globe?

Discussion in 'Sport & Athletics' started by chromeboomerang, Dec 15, 2006.

1. Sloniksp

Sloniksp Ставка

I would have never guessed Otto....thats impressive....

I am also a very big fan of Matt Hughes.......But yes no one can touch Fedor!!!

2. chromeboomerang

chromeboomerang New Member

Well, well. I did visit Keith Hackney in Chicago. Is that where you're at? Gokor a pimp? Hmm, what does that mean? He is a gentlemen in my experience, invited us over to his house to watch Royce vs Sak yrs ago.

3. Otto

Otto Spambot Nemesis Staff Member WW2|ORG Editor

Matt Hughes was a great champion, he will always be respected for his impressive accomplishments. He just lost his title aginst Georges St. Pierre, and he's going to get a rematch, but I can't see him doing much against GSP.

No I don't train with Hackney chrome, but I have met him at different local events. We have our own team, and we are looking to open our own school in Chicago proper. I'll post a link when we do.

As far as Gokor being a pimp, I meant that in the MMA vernacular. Pimp means that he is a top notch fighter, and deserving of respect. I've never met Gokor, but from what people have told me, he is indeed a gentleman. And incidentally, Royce vs Sakuraba is the fight that got me into MMA!

4. chromeboomerang

My cousin trains with Pedro Saur & he got me into this way back when. I saw a video of Pedro fighting Mr Utah at a highschool gym, very funny. Pedro is 5 ft 9 inch & Mr Utah was Huge!

It all started when Pedro was interviewed on a radio station in Utah & Mr Utah was a guest the next nite on the station. He said he could "kill that guy" in reference to Pedro. So Pedro called him up & said let's do it. So they met at a gym & Pedro bloodied his nose, then took him down & almost broke his arm before the ref stopped it.
    The look on Mr Utah's face was priceless.

http://www.utahmma.com/modules/PDdownloads/viewcat.php?cid=3

Well Pedros film was better, but still there it is. Giant bodybuilder with giant mouth gets sent home to ma ma. He didn't do that bad for an unskilled fighter though. He did outweigh Pedro by 100 pounds.

5. Otto

Damn, the file doesn't download! What a small world! One of my best friend's girlfriend trains with P. Sauer, nd she is very, very good.

I love it when this happens, people who work out and get big muscles often don't realize how little that has to do with actual fighting. Do you have another link to the video?

6. chromeboomerang

Sorry no. It worked for me. Hmmm. There were several cameras there that day, so more than one film exists. I'll ask my cousin.

7. Sloniksp

Sloniksp Ставка

Yes I think Matt Hughes is past his prime too....

8. chromeboomerang

My opinion, which I state as purely an opinion is that Matt having mentioned being tired of training & being away from family has one foot out of the ring already. Boxing experts say that is a dangerous thing. He may have already retired mentally. We shall see. Yes I know opinions are like ----

9. Otto

Not to worry chrome I found a copy of the video on youtube, and I have to say Mr. Utah's expression after his loss is priceless. He didn't know what hit him.

As for Matt Hughes, I think there is a combination of three things working against him. He is past his prime, the game is passing him by, and most importantly, is as you said that his head is already in retirement. It doesn't help that GSP is the man that was chasing his title either, "Rush" is probably the second most talented fighter in the world today, right behind Fedor.

10. chromeboomerang

Could well be. I was well impressed with him 1st time I saw him, GSP that is. Karo is also fun to watch. His throws are his trademark. In the Judo world, Pavel Nastula didn't do quite as well so far.

11. chromeboomerang

Hmmm, Iceman vs Crocop?

12. Tim

Tim Member

Fedor or CroCop...i cant wait to see Crocop in UFC owning everyone. Or 'Rampage' Jackson. Hes going to have the light heavyweight belt soon enough.

13. chromeboomerang

Any bets on Shamrock/Renzo?