Welcome to the WWII Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the community.

Battery C 894th AAA - WWII

Discussion in 'Information Requests' started by Lee Ann Griffin Hamilton, Sep 8, 2018.

1. Lee Ann Griffin Hamilton

Lee Ann Griffin Hamilton New Member

I'm looking for any information I can find about my father's battalion that served in WWII. Any links to websites for children of WWII vets would be helpful. His name was Ennis C Griffin. I have his discharge papers and his "Separation Qualification Record". He was from Texas. I just want to see if I can make any connections. Thanks!

2. Chris Curtis

Chris Curtis New Member

Christopher

3. Chris Curtis

Chris Curtis New Member

Hi. My dad served in the 894th and I am currently researching his unit. I have Dad's original photo of the Battalion HQ unit at the end of the war and a few other original documents and have found the record of movements of the battalion and other assorted historical documents. I don't know to which Battery he was assigned during his three years overseas. His battalion began the war as the 67th Coast Artillery and became the 894th after a reorganization in March of 1944. Dad (Corporal Gilbert V. Curtis also known as "Slim") landed with the 67th in N. Africa in January of 1943 and served the entirety of the war.

TD-Tommy776 likes this.
  4. LRusso216

LRusso216 Graybeard Staff Member

Nice to have you here. I'm sure you'll get plenty of information. When I get a chance I'll check his name on Fold3. Meanwhile, it would be great if you could post photos and documents. We'd love to see them.

5. Gregory Rudowsky

Gregory Rudowsky New Member

did u get my post yesterday???????i found your dads name in a booklet.....greg r.

6. Gregory Rudowsky

7. Gregory Rudowsky

i found your dads name in a list of guys names in a old newsletter my dad had

1428 s. 94th st., tacoma, washington

roll call july 1 1945 hq & hq battery

8. stephen.m.marencik

stephen.m.marencik New Member

Would love to see any information that came out of this. My grandfather was also in the 894th HQ company, at least per the photos I have in my possession or have been able to locate online. I’d be willing to share some of what’s in my or my father’s possession.

9. Temujin

Temujin Active Member