Welcome to the WWII Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the community.

Battle at Arnhem

Discussion in 'Information Requests' started by E. Anderson, Apr 30, 2002.

1. E. Anderson

E. Anderson Member

Just curious if anyone knows anything about the battle of Arnhem, and the subseqyent battles there that took place.

2. Paul Errass

Paul Errass Member

What exactly would you like to know about the Battle?

Paul [​IMG]

3. C.Evans

C.Evans Expert

I know a bit about the battle--but Paul is a better source.

Also, Paul--glad to see you here before you leave on your trip to Stalingrad. Remember take lots of pics--get addresses if possible, and keep your hands on your wallet. Have fun and take care mate--Carl.

4. Paul Errass

Paul Errass Member

Thanks Carl,

Only 2 days to go and i'll be in Stalingrad,i'll get plenty of photos etc and contact you when i get back.Will send Paul Albert Kausch's obituary before i go,

Paul

5. Erich

Erich Alte Hase

Paul, if possible may I obtain a copy as well for the 11th SS Panzer/ SS Schwere Pz. Abteilung files I have on hand........danke !

As Paul is leaving shortly E. Anderson, I think there are 1/2 Dutch sites covering this battle and the series, so please check your serach engine(s) for a start.

E

6. C.Evans

C.Evans Expert

Quite welcome mate. Dont worry about making an extra copy for Erich--Ill gladly make a copy for him since I have a few photos im sending his way, and it'll save you a bit of money (For Stalingrad :D )

Also, thanks in advance for P.A.Kausch's Obit. I also have something to send to you as well. :D

This week, I am determined to write both to Otto (LSSAH's last Com.Gen) and Sepp Allerberger (I have to get a nice photo with him and his sniper rifle)

7. Paul Errass

Paul Errass Member

Carl and Erich,

No problems re the obituary,and Carl i'll see what i can find out about Dyatlenko or any other Russian vets.Get writing to Otto and Sepp mate while you have the chance,i'm still feeling bad about the passing of Hans Siegel.

Will be back in about ten days and will let you both know how it went,

Cheers......Paul [​IMG]

8. C.Evans

C.Evans Expert

Thats greag mate--and I cant wait to read what you witnessed. It would be wild if the rumours were true about all the knocked out tanks and guns still lying about--as well as the smaller pieces of equipment--like bayonets--helmets etc.

Take care my friend--and I appreciate the efforts you will make for me there. Hopefullt Dyatlenko is still living. He would be a coup--if someone could interview him on his memories of Paulus and the surrender process.

Also, consider it done (writing to Otto and Sepp) I have some money out of the bank for only that. Ill let you know how it goes. I hope I can also get Sepp to send me a photo of him with his rifle.

9. TheRedBaron

TheRedBaron Ace

Yes, alot!!! I study it for my degree and my current PhD. Email me at piersbrand'yahoo.com for info.