Welcome to the WWII Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the community.

Best and worst division...

Discussion in 'Information Requests' started by Friedrich, Jul 15, 2002.

1. Erich

Erich Alte Hase

Ah, ok, Herr Nachtjagdfleugzeugführer ...... a bit long eh ?

;) E

2. C.Evans

C.Evans Expert

Thanks Erich and, why are most books so expensive these days? I guess cause suckers like me will pay the price. :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

3. Carl G. E. von Mannerheim

Carl G. E. von Mannerheim Ace

IM suprised no one has mention the 100TH Jaeger Division, the proved themselves as great street fighters and brave soldiers as they were the last to surrender in stalingrad. Although maybe im a little biased

4. C.Evans

C.Evans Expert

I like the set-up--especially the scene on the first page. It definately reminded me of my time when I was in Hagen and Hamburg back in 2000. No schnee yet though.

Did I ever mention to you that I have a set of Hauptmanns shoulderboards--from this unit? With metal and cloth cyphers. :D I picked these up from Herr Menzel of Goslar.

5. Friedrich

Friedrich Expert

OK, Herr Nachtjagdflugzeugführer von Brown!!!

And Carl von Mannerheim is right. 100. Jägerdivision was probably the best division in the 6. Armee. I always think about it when I speak of elite, but never mention it. Why? :confused: I don't know.

And the other Carl: yes, because suckers like US (don't forget about that :D ) will pay the price... :rolleyes:

6. C.Evans

C.Evans Expert

yep i know--I was at a bookstore last night and picked up another $30.00 book called: Berlin Dance of Death by: Helmut Altner.

This is a Hitler Youths story of being pressganged into military service for the fighting for Berlin. This is a day-by-day account of what happened and im greatly looking forward to reading this after all the opthers I still need to read.

It was a choice between this book and one that is a brand new autobio of Gunther Rall--and it is next on my to get list.

7. PzJgr

PzJgr Drill Instructor

That sounds like interesting reading. I may have to look and see if I can find it. Let me know what you think of it Carl.