Welcome to the WWII Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the community.

Best film/documentary about Auschwitz

Discussion in 'Concentration, Death Camps and Crimes Against Huma' started by WwariosS, Sep 11, 2016.

1. WwariosS

WwariosS New Member

Hello.
    I need to get a detailed look inside Auschwitz-ll and get to know more about how the prisoners lived. I am making a comic and I need a lot of VISUAL details above all, how did they eat, how they sleep, how were they tortured and how were they treated in general. Could you provide me with the names of the most informative documentaries/movies that can help me visualize Auschwitz from the inside in order to replicate it on my comic.
    Thank you for your help

2. OhneGewehr

OhneGewehr New Member

3. Owen

Owen O

try this.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gz9TF_IXmG8

4. green slime

green slime Member

Not really an answer to the OP's need, but a I found the German language film "A Labyrinth of Lies" (original title: Im Labyrinth des Schweigens ) to be a great movie. About the post war period's attitude towards War Crimes in general and specifically at Auschwitz in Western Germany.

5. wm.

wm. Well-Known Member

The Polish 1963 movie Passenger, available on YouTube (with cc) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7f1Jt5bDPd0, filmed in Auschwitz-Birkenau.

Passenger, using the form of a documentary, relates the experiences of one female SS officer at the Auschwitz concentration camp during World War II and her relationship with an inmate, Marta, whose life she manages to save on occasion.

6. formerjughead

formerjughead The Cooler King

There are a couple I just watched on Amazon Prime : "Swimming at Auschwitz" and "The Seven Dwarves of Auschwitz"