Welcome to the WWII Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the community.

Bibal. Ask me what you want.

Discussion in 'The Members Lounge' started by Wspauldo12, May 8, 2005.

1. majorwoody10

majorwoody10 New Member

via TanksinWW2
    in pre civil war america people argueing against abolitionists could point to their bible and say ..if slavery is wrong why does it state that a slave should obey his master and describe how a good master should treat his slaves ...after the south was finally crushed ,all king james bibles were henceforth printed with the word servant in the place of the word slave ..this revision of the good book for polital reasons was done in america to reflect the new political correctness of 1865 ....it has been corrected many times since 1865 and of course was corrected many many times prior to 1865 ...
    when ernest and dedicated bible thumpers come to my door i always ask them for the printing date of their paticular copy of the good book and then we proceed with a little bible study that often leaves them a bit bewildered and off balance ..i assure them ,i mean them no harm but if they insist on pointing to that late bible as a infallible font of knowlege , that it is only fair that they studie up on the historic pre king james bible and before to see if it is truely the original word of god ..if if gods words have been changed now and again for the sake of convienience .....
    the quran btw ,is not to be tampered with in the slightest bit , on pain of death ...this is one of the big problems with islam .the quran still retains peasant things like ...hey ..OVER here ! , says the bush ...there is a jew hideing behind me , come here quik and kill him !!!...not very pc , but apparently bushes hate jews too...btw , bushes aint too sweet on christians either...

2. Ricky

Ricky Well-Known Member

via TanksinWW2
    I must admit I am quite hazy on it. My understanding is that you need fresh DNA entering the mix on a regular basis to prevent inbreeding.

So, if we start with 7 women (how many men?)
    We assume that each of them has children of both sexes (big assumption)
    We assume that these children will always seek to marry somebody other than their siblings
    We assume that each set of parents will have grandchildren (big assumption)
    We assume that each set of parents will have grandchildren of both sexes (big assumption)

After 7 years, everybody's kids have had kids with everybody else's, and the whole population will share the same great-great (add a few greats) grandparents. And no new blood coming in. Obviously, if any of the assumptions above are incorrect, then potential inbreeding starts earlier.

Now pick my theory apart! :D

3. Varyag

Varyag New Member

via TanksinWW2
    Easiest thing in the world, Ricky. You base yourself on the theory that all Europeans descend from only seven women. That doesn't exclude men or other women outside the "family" adding their genes to the pool over time, we know very well that people have moved around the earth since the dawn of time and that Europe always has been a target for immigration. But even if you started out with only seven women and seven men inbreeding could still be avoided. Inbreeding occurs when people over generations have children with close family (cousins, sisters, brothers), having the same great-great-great-grandmother once in a while is not the same. Children of close familymembers have "fresh DNA" as well, just not as fresh as it should be to avoid regenerating problems.

4. Ricky

Ricky Well-Known Member

via TanksinWW2
    I've been re-reading the article (it is a while since I posted it) and it kinda makes this discussion academic