Welcome to the WWII Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the community.

Bonjour from the deepest Normandie....

Discussion in '☆☆ New Recruits ☆☆' started by sebfrench76, Nov 10, 2011.

1. Skipper

Skipper Kommodore

"Entente Cordiale" hein? Just wait until they land at Harfleur again and finds allies in Burgundy :D : But don't worry they, are as broke as the French and have sold their entire Harrier fleet to the Americans :cool:.

Seriously, Rouen is a great place and despite heavy bobmings it has a preserved old center , unlike places like Caen and Le Havre

2. sebfrench76

sebfrench76 Dishonorably Discharged

Skipper ,i'm a "Le Havre" complete fan.Rouen is a boring city made for the clichés.Le Havre is a dynamic one,with an incredible coherence of the architecture.Easy.There was no town after WW2's carpet bombing,hehehe..But if i was a tourist,i will hate Le Havre.I think Dieppe is my fave,since i was born there.

3. Skipper

Skipper Kommodore

Am I correct when I remember Le Havre was recently nominated as a world heritage city by the Unesco for it's 1950s buildings?

4. sebfrench76

sebfrench76 Dishonorably Discharged

5. gtblackwell

gtblackwell Member Emeritus

Seb, I fully agree, Sarrebourg is a pretty bleak place, only the chapel is of great interest. It is actually the one surviving transept, the nave, choir and opposing transept suffered in WW1 and WW2 and were demolished as they were too damaged. Nearby Saverne is quite beautiful, and I agree Strasbourg is certainly beautiful, especially the old town or French area. A good may bits of the Maginot are close by.

Gaines