Welcome to the WWII Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the community.

Book signed by 17 personalities that were in the Hitler Bunker at war's end

Discussion in 'Other Militaria' started by nachtjager61, Oct 28, 2011.

1. nachtjager61

nachtjager61 Member

I recently received the book

The Last Days of Hitler by Trevor-Roper

it is a first edition printed in 1947 and has been signed by 17 of the top Nazi personalities that were in the Bunker during Hitler's last days

here is a photo of the signatures

[​IMG]
    sorry I need to find out why it copied so small

Here is the list of the autographs

KARL DONITZ- Grand Admiral and head of U-Boat arm of the Kriegsmarine. He was appointed head of Germany after Hitler’s death

ALBERT SPEER- Minister of Armaments

HANNA REITSCH- Female Test pilot who flew Luftwaffe General Ritter Von Greim into Berlin

WILHELM MOHNKE- SS General in command of the defense of Berlin

NICHOLAUS VON BELOW- Luftwaffe Col., he was chosen by Goring to be the Luftwaffe adjutant to Hitler and was by his side from 1937 to 1945. Also at the July 20 bomb plot and a witness to Hitler’s will.

ARTUR AXMANN- Head of the Hitler Youth

HANS BAUR- Hitler's personal pilot

JULIUS SCHAUB- Hitler's SS senior adjutant

OTTO GUNSCHE- He was Hitler's SS bodyguard who aided in burning the bodies.

GERHART BOLDT- Army General Krebs Aide-e-camp

ERICH KEMPKA- Hitler’s personal SS driver who aided in burning the bodies

HEINZ LINGE- Hitler's SS orderly and personal assistant

TRAUDL JUNGE- Hitler's secretary who took down his last will and testament.

GERTA SCHROETER- One of Hitler’s secretaries

JOHANNA WOLF- Hitler's senior secretary

GERDA DARANOSKY-CHRISTIAN- another of Hitler's secretaries who was married to Luftwaffe General Eckart Christian

Attached Files:

2. Skipper

Skipper Kommodore

This is truly an exceptionnal piece of history. Thank you for taking the time to share this with us

3. Martin Bull

Martin Bull Acting Wg. Cdr

That is superb - I'm envious ! :eek:

All I have is this one......;)

[​IMG]

4. Carronade

Carronade Ace

Wow! Do you know the history of the book, how it came to be signed by all those people? Did it belong to Trevor-Roper himself?

5. nachtjager61

nachtjager61 Member

thanks for the Kudos everyone. I will ask the person I got the book from about it's history. The collector I got this and a few other real gems from has been selling me the last of the items from his personal collection. He was a huge autograph collector with thousands of letters, photos, prints and some books that he had been collecting since the 1950s. He had already sold most of his items but he had hung onto some items that he considered very dear and rare. Well he has decided to let me pick up the remaining jewels of his collection.

So far I have gotten
    2 Otto Skorzeny signed photos,
    a May 1943 Time magazine with Donitz on the cover and it is signed by Dontiz.
    6 Erich Hartmann signed photos,
    1 Hans Joachim Marsielles war time signed Hoffman postcard
    1 Hans "Assi" Hahn war time signed Rohr postcard
    1 Hermann Graf
    war time signed Hoffman postcard

here is a list of letters with signed photos that I got as well
    WALTHER K. NEHRING (1892-1983), autographed photo and letter from 1982 in which he has added General Der Panzertruppe a.D. Was a Swords recipient.
    WALTHER WENCK (1900-1982), two signed letters from 1965 and 1967 on his personal General Der Panzertruppe a.D letterhead. Knights Cross recipient. and a signed photo
    HERMANN VON OPPELN-BRONKOWSKI (1899-1966). This is a signed bio with a photo regarding his commands and ranks with corrections made in his own hand. This is from the late 50's. He was a Swords winner and an autograph you do not see very often.
    WALTER WARLIMONT (1894-1976). A typed signed letter and signed photo from 1976 (just 6 months before he passed). He was Senior Operations Staff Officer to FM Keitel and held the rank of General der Artillerie. He wrote the best seller "Inside Hitler's Headquarters".
    DR FRANZ BAKE (1898-1978). This is an autographed postcard from 1962. He was a Generalmajor in the Panzerkorps and a Swords recipient. Died in a car accident
    HELLMUTH LANG. Typed, signed letter and signed photo from 1984. Was FM Rommel's adjutant and was in the car with him when he was straffed and at the house when the Generals came to give Rommel his choice of suicide or military trial.

I also got another very rare book called.
    Ritterkreuztrager Band 1 by Ernst Obermaier published in 1966 with 265 pages.
    it it is a very desireable and rare book that covers all fighter pilots that received the Knights Cross and higher. It contains a photo of each individual with a brief history in both English and German and has been signed by 15 Knights Cross recipients. They are Adolf Galland, Gordon Gollob, Hermann Graf, Herbert Ihlefeld, Gerd Barkhorn, Erich Rudorffer, Werner Schroer, Willi Batz, Hans "Assi" Hahn, Willi Crinius, Gustav Rodel, Joachim Jabs, Raul Zorner, Herbert Rollwage and Hannes Trautloft.

6. Skipper

Skipper Kommodore

Most impressive, the Assi signature has to be my favorite from this list.

7. LRusso216

LRusso216 Graybeard Staff Member

I don't collect myself, but it looks as though you've hit the jackpot. You seem to have found the mother-lode for signatures. Well done and thanks for sharing.

8. nachtjager61

nachtjager61 Member

I am selling this book "The Last Days of Hitler" signed by 17 personalities from the Fuhrerbunker on Ebay right now. my Ebay name is lubber61
    if you search you should be able to find it, if not let me know
    thanks
    L Sutton