Welcome to the WWII Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the community.

Booked to see where my father served in WWII

Discussion in 'Free Fire Zone' started by macrusk, Sep 27, 2009.

1. macrusk

macrusk Proud Daughter of a Canadian WWII Veteran

Well, depending on computer access - I could be away from the Forum for 3 weeks viewing where so many of the battles we talk about took place. I'll post and share when I can. Everyone take care, and I look forward to sharing my experiences with you.

Fgrun83 and brndirt1 like this.
  2. Biak

Biak Adjutant Patron  

Michelle,
    Enjoy the trip and have fun on my birthday for me (vicariously), at the "Bridge"!

3. LRusso216

LRusso216 Graybeard Staff Member Patron  

Best wishes for a great trip Michelle. I'm looking forward to your results. Post when you can.

4. brndirt1

brndirt1 Saddle Tramp

Fair winds and calms skies Michelle, looking forward to your sharing pics from your tour!

5. Fgrun83

Fgrun83 Member

have a wonderful and safe trip

6. macrusk

Finally have decent computer access (pricey though) - shall post when back this coming weekend and not comatose!! In Amsterdam for now. It was an incredible and emotional two weeks in France Belgium and Holland. The Netherlanders are incredibly friendly and will do anything for a Veteran. Great Vets on the tour with stories. Took at least 2 or 3 thousand photos! Will have to have my own photo forum!!! Take Care and I'll be in touch soon!

brndirt1 likes this.
  7. brndirt1

brndirt1 Saddle Tramp

We await your return with anticipation to say the least! Glad you are having a good experience there Michelle.

8. Slipdigit

Slipdigit Good Ol' Boy Staff Member WW2|ORG Editor

I saw your post on another general interest site and was hoping you could pop in here also. I am so happy that your trip is going well and look forward to seeing all 3000 pics!:p

9. macrusk

I've added some photos of the Normandy American Cemetery and Memorial at Omaha in Normandy to the thread Memorial Day (2010) in the Roll of Honour Forum, some photos of the markers in the Dieppe Canadian Cemetery in the Dieppe thread, and will add photos to the gallery since I've run out of space to add any photo as an attachment (already deleted various from previous threads - hope it won't make them pointless posts now!). Also, we will be uploading photos from this trip which include some sightseeing as well as Battlefield and Commemoration Ceremonies at www.pictureitartanddesign.ca in the photography section, since for the amount of photos we took it was our only online location to add them for interested friends and family to see them.

I am slowly working on writing up what we saw and our impressions, and will also add here within the next few weeks.

Slipdigit likes this.
  10. macrusk

brndirt1 likes this.
  11. brndirt1

brndirt1 Saddle Tramp

Thanks for taking the time to post these great shots, especially for those of us whose chance of making a trip like this is "slim to none"! Thanks again.

12. macrusk

My pleasure Clint. I know how much I appreciate the photos others have posted of places I've not been. It helps to put places in our research in perspective.

I just added a few more Pegasus Bridge photos.

I've also added all the Abbaye d'Ardennes photos we took in my Gallery. For more information on the events there, please see Abbaye d'Ardenne - Veterans Affairs Canada

13. macrusk

Tonight I uploaded photos taken at Hill 67, Verrieres Ridge. Tomorrow, I will post again the photos taken at the American Cemetery at Omaha and area in the Member Gallery, as well as where they were already posted under the Memorial Day thread (although I believe SlipDigit was planning to move them to their own thread).