Welcome to the WWII Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the community.

Boston bombs...

Discussion in 'The Stump' started by urqh, Apr 15, 2013.

1. Hawkerace

Hawkerace Member

Interview with their family members say its a set-up, don't believe how they could suddenly become so violent.

Take it how you will.

2. Slipdigit

Slipdigit Good Ol' Boy Staff Member WW2|ORG Editor

Yeah, let's pick two random Chechen nationalists and chase them through a heavily-populated city, while they are throwing homemade bombs out the window of the car at the police.

Yeah, they were set up. All they were doing down at the finish line of the race was standing on the corner and reading the Koran, minding their own business.

I'm not grousing at you, Hawkerace, just the idea that the family in Chechnya thinks it was a setup. pffft. The uncle here knows better.

3. Hawkerace

Hawkerace Member

It's merely a statement, and I'm sure if somebody asked Charles Manson's mother, she would probably have said the same thing. Though, there's so many questionable photos I've seen and interesting points, you kind of have to think things aren't as black and white with every problem in the United States, times are changing, always have been. I suppose we wont know until all is said and done, as I think I've said before, or else where. Everybody needs to stay on their toes and don't conclude things too quickly. ;) Or do, who am I to say what you can and cannot do.

4. Totenkopf

Totenkopf אוּרִיאֵל

My point wasn't being PC, it was just to make a moderate response to what you said, I don't care for being PC in any situation. About them being yoots is interesting, the relation that religious and political extremism has with with deep seated mental disorder is actually quite fascinating. If it is certain this is Islamic terrorism, or any type really, you can be certain if they didn't do this they would probably show up in some local paper eventually in an assault or murder case.

5. KodiakBeer

KodiakBeer Member

It's all said and done. Misunderstood yoot number two is now down.

6. Poppy

Poppy grasshopper

Well said Tote....I'd like to apologize for being a dick about Saudi Arabia. ..They ain't perfect, but I suppose they are the best Muslim ally we have yonder.

7. Poppy

Poppy grasshopper

One was actually arrested for assaulting his GF.

8. Slipdigit

Slipdigit Good Ol' Boy Staff Member WW2|ORG Editor

Well, apparently little brother has been captured...alive dang it.

Read in one story where he ran over his wounded brother while trying to escape from the gunfight where his brother was mortally wounded. Fine fellow, he is.

9. Poppy

Poppy grasshopper

Naw. Glad he's alive. We need a story as to why. And make him cough up some info/targets.

10. A-58

A-58 Cool Dude

One in hell, the other in jail w/no bail. Oh well.

11. A-58

A-58 Cool Dude

Double post here, nothing to see, move along.

Good thing we are in the stump with this one. People might be accusing me of padding my post count.

Sandwichery likes this.
  12. Poppy

Poppy grasshopper

You are very friendly... Seeing you welcoming a lot of new folk, which is nice.

13. Skipper

Skipper Kommodore

What 9000 cops and he's still alive? :listen:

14. Martin Bull

Martin Bull Acting Wg. Cdr

Quite right. No comment on the topic of this thread - maybe these two guys did do it.

But we're a little less inclined to believe what we're fed in the UK following the notorious Police shooting of Jean-Charles de Menezes the day after the London bombings in 2005.

We were told that he had been clearly identified, that he was wearing a heavy overcoat on a warm day, that he was wearing a bomb-belt with wires, that he leapt over tube station barriers, that he resisted arrest and that law officers clearly identified themselves before shooting him seven times in the head.

Only the last of the above turned out to have any basis in fact. He was shot seven times in the head.

urqh likes this.
  15. KodiakBeer

KodiakBeer Member

Well, I'm going to tip a bourbon to law enforcement tonight. I hope this guy spends the rest of his life in an orange jumpsuit.

16. Skipper

Skipper Kommodore

It will still cost the US taxpayer money.... The Bourbon idea suits me well Kodiak,

17. USMCPrice

USMCPrice Idiot at Large

Some troubling new questions have been raised. The FBI had been warned by a foreign government that the older brother had been radicalized after his 6 month trip to Russia, why did they clear him? A number of people that knew him and the mother stated that they had adopted a radical Islamic ideology, why was this not followed up on? We know that Cechen terrorist's have been deeply involved in terrorist acts and supporting other terrorist organizations worldwide. They have actively supported both Al Queda and the Taliban during the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan. For instance, Chechen advisors trained Al Queda forces and fought alongside them in the Fallujah battles. They even wore distinctive Tiger Stripe uniforms to set them apart from the less well trained, less disciplined Al Queda in Iraq forces. The Karbala provincial headquarters raid on January 20, 2007, when the terrorists, disguised as US security contractors infiltrated the headquarters killed 5 US soldiers and wounded three others. It was probably the most sophisticated and technically well executed attack of the war. At least one of the terrorists was blonde and most intelligence sources suspect they were Chechens.
    If Chechnya is now aiding in exporting attacks to the US, this will not be the last such incident.

18. urqh

urqh Tea drinking surrender monkey

First time I've had the pleasure of disagreeing with you Poppy...Saudi Arabia has nowt to do with this one probably, but no one should let that particular country off the hook for anything...Going back to 80's....Not a nice bunch...

No I remember disagreeing with you once before....we were camping in the outback...nice place by river...quiet...nearly midnight...The stars were out..peaceful like..camp fire burning away...beans and bacon in the pot...tea on the side...brewing nicely...Sound of the night owl...And Poppy says...I've got something here....Sat down....Is that a banjo Poppy? yep Urqh its a banjo...

Seriously though...Saudi? An Ally?

19. urqh

And the inspector got promoted big time...

20. urqh

Can I respectfully throw something into the pot...Something someone reminded me of...The FBI have indeed set up a few prospective bombers up recently...With fake bombs...Then arrested them after grooming and placing said fake bombs...last one in New York I believe...I do hope this is not one gone wrong...

I do though believe I'll stick with TD Tommy's reasoning a few posts ago.. He .Probably got it right and the rest of us are off on one..