Welcome to the WWII Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the community.

Britain occupied.

Discussion in 'What If - European Theater - Western Front & Atlan' started by von_noobie, Jun 16, 2012.

1. von_noobie

von_noobie Member

Was googling the B-36 and while doing so came across other websites that had what if's involving the B-36 and the role it would play had Germany occupied Britain and war still occurred between the US and Germany.

From there arguments they still believe that the US would have won by use of the bomb dropping onto Berlin.. However while I was never the best at maths, But I can only make out with the combat range and with a 3,500kg bomb load aimed at a city would be able to reach London (taking into account that a direct route would never be flown).. A nuke being dropped on London would only at best anger up the Aussies and Canadians and end up with them invading the US =).

So from what I can tell the US would still have to first capture Iceland or Britain, and I think it's safe to assume the Axis would occupy Iceland if the controlled Britain so no guarantee the US would be able to do so.

Any ones thoughts on this and there faith in the B-36 being able to win the war single handly?

Also in the what if i came by they got talking about the bomb's and that while Germany's program wouldn't have made a big 'BOOM' it was on the right lines for being a compact reactor with possible applications for there U-boats, IS this true? and if so what might the implications be if Germany outfitted there U-boats, or dare I say there battle ships, Battle cruisers, Heavy Cruisers and Carrier with nuclear reactors?

2. Slipdigit

Slipdigit Good Ol' Boy Staff Member WW2|ORG Editor

What do you think, guys? Discussion or no discussion?