Welcome to the WWII Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the community.

Brussels Army Museum - any suggestions?

Discussion in 'The Members Lounge' started by Roel, Feb 16, 2005.

1. Caroline phpbb3

Caroline phpbb3 New Member

via TanksinWW2
    If you're lucky :lol: :D :lol:

2. Quillin

Quillin New Member

via TanksinWW2
    i was just reading this and i felt a little angry :angry: . we are not a bunch of cowards that can't defait anybody.
    we beated ceasars army (but the second time he came back with a bigger army but he didn't got an easy victory)
    in the time of the romans, we used to attack the germanians just for fun. (our tribes actually got to the rhine river :cool: )
    1302, the battle of the golden spurs (we were tired of those french telling us what to do)
    and after that it seems that we lost our will to give a good fight. we holded at the yzer in 1914 but counts as a draw.

3. Quillin

Quillin New Member

via TanksinWW2
    oke, time to revive this topic.

okay the biggest problem is to get a good date. may i suggest 28 or 29 august? last weekend of august. i guess nobody would probably have planned something already on that last weekend and it's a weekend :D , so almost nobody has to go to work :cool:

4. Roel

Roel New Member

via TanksinWW2
    I did actually mention this...

I have no problems with a day in late August. It's good that someone should just mention a date and see how many people can attend, otherwise we can never properly arrange anything.

5. Canadian_Super_Patriot

Canadian_Super_Patriot recruit

via TanksinWW2
    They also got their independence from the Netherlands. And they also put up a fight when the germans tried to stroll through Belgium during the schleiffen plan in 1914.

6. Quillin

Quillin New Member

via TanksinWW2
    yeah but we didn't win. the dutch kicked our ass. if it wasn't for the french to come to our aid we would had a serious defait. after 1302 we always had a draw, never a real win.
    anyway, back to the topic :) . i realize that it is impossible to get everybody to the museum. there are always going to be people who can't come. so lets be democratic. if it's okay for enough people, then the last weekend (28-29) august will be the date. and since this a WW2 forum, i say that the date will be set and locked once we have 12 (the dirty dozen :lol: ) members who can come.

so. THE DATE FOR THE MUSEUM IS 28-29 AUGUST. FOR WHO IS THIS OK?
    this is Okay for me. so we need another eleven to confirm. come on, who is going to form that dirty dozen :p

7. Roel

Roel New Member

via TanksinWW2
    I think a dozen is a little optimistic, Quillin. We'll just have to see how many people can and still want to come, on a not yet confirmed date in late August (28-29 is probably a good idea but I'll leave the options open).

8. Quillin

Quillin New Member

via TanksinWW2
    i'll understand it but when i read all the past posts in this topic it seems to be the reason why we haven't got to the tankmuseum was because we never setted a real date. it was more like, and what about the summer or in may. if we take a short period and inform long enough ahead, a lotof people can already write it down. but you have a good point. mayby we'll have to take a longer period and then decide a date. let us say that we'll go somewhere in the last two weeks of august?

9. Quillin

Quillin New Member

via TanksinWW2
    is there anybody who's interested????

10. Quillin

Quillin New Member

via TanksinWW2
    nope, nobody is interested.

11. Ricky

Ricky Well-Known Member

via TanksinWW2
    Right, I am going to bring this up again - are we all still intending to visit Brussels in August?

12. Roel

Roel New Member

via TanksinWW2
    As far as I'm concerned, I will go if even one of you is willing. Since it seemed to me when I was at his place that Ricky was willing to come over, I will be going no matter what. Hopefully I will be able to persuade Panzerprofile to come along as well.

13. Ricky

Ricky Well-Known Member

via TanksinWW2
    I'm going, if only to get my hands on more of those waffle-thingys... ;) :D

14. David.W

David.W Active Member

via TanksinWW2
    I owe Quillin a belated apology for upsetting him, I've just read how angered he was by my joke.

I am sorry. I had hoped that the smilies wouls diffuse the situation, and show that I was being lighthearted.

Soory Mate, no offence intended.

15. Roel

Roel New Member

via TanksinWW2
    I'll bring some with me if the weather isn't too hot! ;)

16. Quillin

Quillin New Member

via TanksinWW2
    apologies accepted but i think i was overreacting a little bit. it's just that we belgians hace some nice victories but nobody seems to know about them.

17. Roel

Roel New Member

via TanksinWW2
    Gentlemen (and ladies)!

Summer is now drawing nigh and hopefully everyone will have their holidays and such planned already. Therefore I thought now would be a good time to ask for a final head count. I think Quillin's date is a good one to pick - it's pretty late in the season so more people are likely to have time, but it's before the start of the new year for many people.

So, on either the 26th or the 27th of August (these are the actual dates of the last Saturday and Sunday that month) the forum will be going to the Brussels Army Museum - a great collection, easily reached by public transportation and entrance is free. However many people are coming, I will definitely be there, and already I am greatly looking forward to it.

Please post if you think you can make it. I would love to meet you guys in the flesh at last, after having talked on the forum for more than two and a half years. And in my experience, having met Ricky in England a while ago, it is 100% safe and very rewarding!

18. Quillin

Quillin New Member

via TanksinWW2
    count me in. i also going anyway.so we already have two people. (three (+ Ricky) if i say that you can get delicious waffels in Brussels :D )

19. Roel

Roel New Member

via TanksinWW2
    That's one...

Come on folks! It's not that expensive for people in the UK and mainland Europe, at least! :D

20. Quillin

Quillin New Member

via TanksinWW2
    come on guys, Brussels is a very nice city :cool: