Welcome to the WWII Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the community.

BSC game

Discussion in 'Sport & Athletics' started by gtblackwell, Jan 8, 2013.

1. gtblackwell

gtblackwell Member Emeritus

Hey guys, I missed the BSC game and cannot find a mention in the news down here in Alabama. Anyone know how it turned out ???
    Maybe JW will know....or the Pope ?

Gaines

Kendusimmus likes this.
  2. texson66

texson66 Ace

Roll ,Tide, Roll! The Irish didn't show up for the first half...they lost 42 - 14!

3. mcoffee

mcoffee Son-of-a-Gun(ner)

A State holiday was declared, but no mention in the news???

4. gtblackwell

gtblackwell Member Emeritus

Hey guys I was kidding ! Obviously a lame attempt at humor...LOL I use to tutor players when Bear Bryant was coach . Definitely watched the game.Hey guys I was kidding ! Obviously a lame attempt at humor...LOL I use to tutor players when Bear Bryant was coach . Definitely watched the game.

5. mcoffee

mcoffee Son-of-a-Gun(ner)

So was I. Actually, I was thinking you used "BSC" as an intentional editorial on the current selection process. Anyone think Notre Dame would have survived any type of playoff to get to the final?

6. Slipdigit

Slipdigit Good Ol' Boy Staff Member WW2|ORG Editor

It goes without saying that I watched and enjoyed the game. The Crimson Tide once again rose to the occasion. The girls were begging to drive back into town and purchase some shirts, but work and school were waiting on us today, so I passed on that suggestion.

I felt very good after the first drive of each team after the initial kick-off. The O-line of Alabama was slashing and gashing Notre Dame.

It certainly was a much better night than Dec 31, 1973, in Tulane Stadium. I was a wee lad and did not take the outcome of that contest very well.

7. Erich

Erich Alte Hase

ND never should of been in the game but U of O, that would of been a hideous fast paced game. ND ranked earlier as # 1 ........... NOT !

8. A-58

A-58 Cool Dude

Glad you enjoyed the game and was happy with the outcome Jeff. It was a complete and devastating victory that those yankees desperately needed. I and most of Louisiana still hate Nick Satan though....

9. 36thID

36thID Member

Twas fun collecting me bets from me Irish boys. Tree of dem der lads laid a twenty spot for da Catholic gold domers. This Lutheran was happy to collect !

Should of been A&M or Ducks to challenge. Next year playoffs !