Welcome to the WWII Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the community.

Buy, sell and trade WWII books?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by ColHessler, Sep 10, 2017.

?

Would you like to see a marketplace for buying, selling and trading WWII Books?

1. yes

2 vote(s)
    100.0%
  2. no

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. ColHessler

ColHessler Member

I've got a few books from my collection I'm trying to sell on Amazon. (Not the things I've written and published, though the more of those I sell the better.) Would it be OK for me to put a link here for you guys to see what I'm selling from my collection?

I talked to Otto about a marketplace for us and it seemed to him to be a good idea. Would we be all right with doing that also?

2. Otto

Otto Spambot Nemesis Staff Member WW2|ORG Editor

First of all ColHessler, please feel free to list your books here. You are well known in this community, and you took the care to check with the site first.

We've had several discussions among the admins about a marketplace. We all like the idea of having one, but the obvious concern is the verification of sellers/traders and the verification of the items being sold. This is a challenge to an entity like eBay, so it's an impossible problem for us.

I do trust long term members, but I'd hate to be a place when someone got duped or swindled. Worse still, I'd hate to have to try and mediate a dispute between members.

I voted yes on the Marketplace/Trading Post, but we do have some expectations to set before creating one.

3. ColHessler

ColHessler Member

Last edited: Sep 10, 2017
  4. OpanaPointer

OpanaPointer I Point at Opana Staff Member WW2|ORG Editor

You could also set up a Librarything list and talk about the books here.

ColHessler likes this.
  5. Otto

I think that's it Opana.

Members can list their items on eBay/Amazon/etc and post links here. That way their items still get exposure here, and the verification is left to the third party site. Seems like a sensible method.

ColHessler likes this.
  6. OpanaPointer

OpanaPointer I Point at Opana Staff Member WW2|ORG Editor

Yeah, we do the information, the transactions are handled by those with the hardware/software to get r done.

7. Otto

@ColHessler
    Go ahead and create a thread about your book sales, with all the keywords you like in the content. I'll be creating a trading post sub-forum and will move your thread in there.

8. ColHessler

ColHessler Member

Will Do.

9. Jocke021

Jocke021 New Member

Hello. I have some books i would like to sell. The first one is an unusual book, It is the book "Weißbuch über die Erschiessungen des 30. Juni" that takes up the event in June 1934 called the Röhm Purge or T.he Night of the Long Knives. These are authentic eyewitness accounts. 3rd edition 15.-20. Tsd. "Weißbuch" (on the so-called Rohm Purge on June 30, 1934 or German Bartolomäusnacht called. At the behest of Hitler, the executives of the SA including the chief of staff Ernst Röhm were murdered. With a foreword by the lawyer Georg Branting, friend of Willi Münzenberg. This represents the internal connection between the shootings on 30 June 1934 and the Reichstag fire on 27 February 1933. - foxing, dust jacket in good condition. The author is unknown. Unfortunately my copy is lacking the book cover but otherwise it is i great shape. This is a really rare book and i would like to have 150 Euros for it, because it´s worth it.

The other book i want to sell is "Angriffs Höhe 4000, Ein Kriegstagebuch der deutsche Luftwaffe" By Cajus Bekker. This book was released in 1964 and the copy i sell i a first edition in incredible good shape. It´s completely whole and no sides are missing and the cover looks great!

The book is a war diary of the German Air Force. A bridge, the Vistula bridge of Dirschau, was the first destination. Fifteen minutes before the official start of the Second World War, the German Air Force flew its first bombing, the beginning of an endless chain. At that hour, 2775 front-mounted aircraft - bombers and stukas, reconnaissance planes, hunters and destroyers - were waiting to be deployed on the German airfields. In England there were 2200, in France and Italy 1500 each, in Poland about 900. Nevertheless, no air power was sufficiently prepared for the war, not even the German. That was supposed to show when the lightning strikes were over and the fronts spread across Europe. The Luftwaffe was not prepared for that; it turned out that she had neglected the defense in favor of the attack. Cajus Bekker, author of successful contemporary historical documentary reports, describes in his new book how this air war was and why it all came about. A daunting task that the author has set himself! To date, there is no official history of the Luftwaffe during the war. Bekker has, however, in years of work drawn from the sources that are otherwise available only to historians. Luftwaffe war diaries, personal records of leading generals, as well as numerous documents and material collections - all of this was spotted, evaluated, and compared with official foreign representations. In addition, the author has interviewed hundreds of soldiers about their personal impressions. This book i would like to have 70 Euros for, because of that it´s the first edition and the shape it is in.

The third and last book is: "Im Hauptquartier Der Deutschen Wehrmacht 1939-1945" that means "Inside Hitler's Headquarters 1939-1945" and is written by Walter Warlimont, who was a German staff officer and war criminal during World War II.
    In October 1948, Warlimont was tried before a United States military tribunal in the High Command Trial, part of the Subsequent Nuremberg Trials. He was convicted and sentenced to life imprisonment in part for his responsibility for drafting the Barbarossa Jurisdiction Order which allowed the murder of civilians on the pretext of counteracting partisan activity.[3] His sentence was reviewed by the "Peck Panel", which made a more lenient recommendation. This leniency was heavily criticized by Robert R. Bowie who stated "they [ Reinecke, Kuechler and Warlimont] were all directly implicated in the program which encompassed the murder of commandos, commissars and captured allied airmen as well as in brutal mistreatment of prisoners of war".[4] His sentence was commuted to 18 years in 1951. He was released in 1954(!?).

In 1962, Warlimont wrote Inside Hitler's Headquarters 1939–1945. He died in Kreuth near the Tegernsee 1976. "Inside Hitler's Headquarters" provides a personal history of World War II as seen by the deputy chief of operations at the center of Nazi power during 1939-41. The attention to first-person experiences, philosophy, and observations lends much personal value to the story and brings alive military perceptions and insights not normally contained in histories of the period. Recommended for any in-depth study of Nazi history. Augsburg, Weltbild Verlag, 1962. Pages 289-570. Neuwertiger Band.Lizenzausgabe.-Offered is subband 2. The first band deals with the period September 1939 to November 1942 and Band 2 is about the period November 1942 to May 1945. Language: German Weight in grams: 510 8 °, solid, illustrated original binding. Great almost new shape. This book i would like to have 50 Euros for.

If you are interested just send me a PM. Also if you would like photos of them just write and tell me and i will send it to you. Right now i hadn´t any photos of them in my new computer but i will fix that during the day and attatch them here. Sorry if my english is strange but i live in Sweden so i´m not used to write so much in english. Shipping will be added to the price and the shipping is 7 Euros for addresses in Europe and 10 Euros for rest of the world. I will ship them express so you will have the book in two or three days guaranteed (If something strange doesn´t happen ofcourse).

I hope you´ll find my books interesting and the price is what i would like to have for them. But you maybe don´t wan´t to pay what i want for them so in that case we have to discuss the price so both parts is satisfied. All three books is written in german.

Best regards//Jocke021