Welcome to the WWII Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the community.

Can someone help me decipher?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by KeyWats, Jun 20, 2017.

1. KeyWats

KeyWats New Member

I was looking at my great uncles service compensation form and was wondering if someone could help me understand the following: HQ Reception Center 1771 Camp Dodge, IA : Btry C 29th AARTB, Camp Wallace, Texas: Headquarters Battery 7th AAA Auto wpns Battalion (either saus 8tcy or Btcy) "e" same Olgn or Orgn (not sure on last word, second letter is right over a line)

2. KMZgirl

KMZgirl Member

Guessing: Headquarters...Iowa...battery...weapons....origin...not sure on AARTB...

3. TD-Tommy776

TD-Tommy776 Man of Constant Sorrow

Camp Wallace, Texas was a Anti-Aircraft replacement training center during WWII. Presumably AARTB would be Anti-Aircraft Replacement Training Battalion.

Probably Btry which would be Battery. Also, Orgn would make more sense as it is a common abbreviation for Organization.

4. chibobber

chibobber Member

Can you post a scan of this document or any other info.It may help determine exactly what it states. I have a brief history of the 7th AAA AW battalion. My father-in-law was with this unit in the PTO. If you can post his name I can see if he is mentioned.
    Bob

5. KMZgirl

KMZgirl Member

Good point about organization. I misread and thought they were transfer papers... Duh