Welcome to the WWII Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the community.

Canada Day July 1, 2012..145 Years?

Discussion in 'Free Fire Zone' started by Poppy, Jul 6, 2012.

1. Poppy

Poppy grasshopper

Been busy fighting dragons....Happy July 4 yada yada...Nobody mentioned July 1- Canada Day...Canada is /was great. ..Now we are just a giant wallet for the rest of the lazy azz world.....And that nobody should acknowledge our birthday here is weird. Isn't there a guy. Who does dates and stuff. A computer which flags special dates.
    Happy belated birthday Canada... I feel bad. Feels like this: Cat Stevens - Cat's in the cradle - YouTube

2. sunny971

sunny971 Ace

I know, no one here noticed our birthday! :(

Wow can you believe Canada turned 145 years old.. We're almost as old as Larry King

3. Poppy

Poppy grasshopper

Canada is still young and nubile, most older nations want to sleep with us... Larry is a decrepid old perv -jealous-. Kudos Larry. Have fun playing catch at 91.

4. von_noobie

von_noobie Member

Happy Birthday Canada, Guess might be because you guys so peaceful now? :p

Dont be to sad, Your country not the only one being flushed down the dunny, Down under we got the tree hugers and the ranga for a PM -_- ... And not a single person in the Government or military high command that has a set of marbles.. There turning a great history of kick ass by ill equipped ill trained Aussie blokes into one of the best trained social workers army in the world O.O ... smh

5. Ken The Kanuck

Ken The Kanuck Member

I was watching Canadian fireworks at the cabin.

[​IMG]

Don't worry if nobody remembers our birthday, just remember who we are and that we have always carried more than our fair share of the load and we will continue to. We are who we are because that is who we want to be. If others don't have the same amount of class it doesn't diminish ours.

KTK

von_noobie likes this.
  6. Skipper

Skipper Kommodore

Sorry about that : when I think of Canada it's often when I drive accross the Vimy Ridge and the Battle commemorations. Why do people think about the Amercans? Hmm, let me think ...... Will Smith ? Aliens?

7. Ken The Kanuck

Ken The Kanuck Member

It's OK Skipper, we are pretty used to it. We just cry in our beer and comfort one another and get back at er. I did read a pretty good article once (I think it was by a Brit) about Canada's contributions and the lack of respect given, but I couldn't find it to post for Poppy.

KTK

8. Skipper

Skipper Kommodore

No offensive Ken, not many here would know the Dutch national Day (Queen's Day) or the French Bastille Day or even the British Trooping the Colours . The good thing about this thread is that next time we won't have an excuse , because now we know .

9. Poppy

Poppy grasshopper

HAhaha.... Those Scientology folk...Thanks for the tip of the hat Skipper...Feel like I missed my fathers birthday. ..Where was /is Macrusk? She usually rings the bell.

10. Skipper

Skipper Kommodore

She did on her Facebook page with a prominelty displayed flag and a picture showing the flag and a sign saying "we will remember"

11. Slipdigit

Slipdigit Good Ol' Boy Staff Member WW2|ORG Editor

Hey guys, it is a pretty fur piece from here to Canerder. Besides, I'm not real good at remembering the birthdays of people close to me to begin with.

Don't wait on us to remember; start barking at us about it around the 30th of June. I really do want to know when the day comes around.

12. Skipper

Skipper Kommodore

and you'd better not forgot our respective birthdays :p

13. brndirt1

brndirt1 Saddle Tramp

I don't know if not recognizing that the Canada Day passed mostly un-noticed is as embarrassing as not knowing WHY America celebrates the Fourth!

[​IMG]

14. Skipper

Skipper Kommodore

the fourth of what? I only have 3 and I don't know Julie

15. brndirt1

brndirt1 Saddle Tramp

Sorry "Skipper", I thought that coupled with the 'toon the date was certainly self-explanatory. I liked the answer about the "British Invasion being repelled by Paul Revere and the Raiders". That was certainly a reference to the Beatles (British Invasion), and the "all American" Paul Revere and the Raiders group.

I was watching a "man on the street" set of interviews on the Fourth of July, and I was saddened to hear the answers of some of my fellow Americans. One young lady especially. When asked who Ben Franklin was, she was certain he was a president since he was on the hundred dollar bill. "They only put Presidents on bills, right? He must have been the best ever to end up on the largest one!"

16. Ken The Kanuck

Ken The Kanuck Member

17. brndirt1

brndirt1 Saddle Tramp

Thanks Ken, that is a real hoot. How about this? Mount Rushmore as seen from Canada. Really it should have been as seen from North Dakota rather than Canada, but still funny.

[​IMG]

18. Marmat

Marmat Member

Slip, not so far really. Just remember that a Canadien established the 1st European colony in Mobile, and at Biloxi as well. Le Sieur d'Iberville was a member of the illustrious Le Moyne family of 12 sons, 2 daughters born in Montreal; his given name being Pierre Le Moyne d'Iberville. A brother, Charles Le Moyne de Longueuil et de Châteauguay became Governor of New France, another brother Jean-Baptiste Le Moyne de Bienville founded New Orleans, and was 4 term Governor. Most history books say "the French" and leave it at that, but many of the early North American explorers and soldiers of various wars, were actually Canadiens involved in the fur trade in one way or another, New France being a commercial enterprise run directly by the Crown.

Poppy likes this.
  19. urqh

urqh Tea drinking surrender monkey

Of course we knew...Otto threw a party...Slip suppled the bunting...Skip the booze...Volga the bbq and TD Tommy bored....sorry related the story of canada he had written in 337 volumes....We had a great time and great to meet all the forum guys and girls...How Lou managed to get Brad to transport us all across Niagra and into Canada on one visa was brilliant...A58 as usual went too far and ended up in Alaska which he thought was Canada anyway....Fun had by all and the idea to have it repeated next year was taken up by all...The invited mountie display troupe was especiallly good with the lances and the ring things....I was surprised though that you Canadians did not turn up...Its only when I got home I realised I'd left the Canadian members invites on the mantlepiece....Oh the wife laughed...I did think at the time it was funny none of you turned up...but Clint said not to worry you lot probably stopped off in a bar to drink Canada dry. Sorry...See you next year then...

20. urqh

urqh Tea drinking surrender monkey

Canada is owed...Sorry I never knew...Without Canada no Atlantic victory...No none UK/USA Beachead on D Day...No reserve in Britain in desperate early days...And I'll never for one forget when folk say Only Usa fought in Pacific area...Canadian defence and slaughter at Hong Kong. Canada answered the call always because she wanted to, not because she was obligated to...Punching above her weight at all times and earning nothing but respect of us her cousins..Canada is not and will not ever be forgotten..there are too many graves in the UK of Canadians who answered the call...

Thank you and happy belated birthday Canada.

Brothers In Arms Canadian Remembrance Day Video - YouTube