Welcome to the WWII Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the community.

Cape Town, SA

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by Mussolini, Nov 2, 2018.

1. Mussolini

Mussolini Gaming Guru WW2|ORG Editor

Anyone been to Cape Town, South Africa? Or know of anything worthwhile to visit while down there? Anything WW2 related to view down there?

I've got a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to spend 2 weeks in Capetown over Christmas/New Years (Flight and lodging paid for, I just have to pay for food, activities, etc while there). I believe the place I am staying is right on the coast, to the west of the Tabeltop Mountain.

I am not looking forward to the 33 hours of flying time its going to take to get me there (the downside of living in the middle of the country). But - it will be my second trip to the southern hemisphere and first trip to the continent of Africa. I'll have to dig my camera out but am in research mode now. I think its the wrong part of the country for Safaris (there goes my bucket list wish of watching a lion hunt and kill some prey!).

Thoughts/suggestions?

2. lwd

lwd Ace

Just googled Capetown museums:
    cape town museums - Google Search
    got quite a list of lists. I've seen it fairly often in various histories. Congratulations on the trip. PLS let us know how it goes.