Welcome to the WWII Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the community.

Casque Adrian m26 badge.

Discussion in 'Uniforms, Personal Gear (Kit) and Accessories' started by Ricky323, Nov 10, 2015.

1. Ricky323

Ricky323 New Member

So a few days ago i bought a M26 Adrian helmet.The badge on it is the défense passive one.My question is: Is it possible to remove the current badge and replace it with a Mle.15 or the Mle.37 one? I bought the helmet of Ebay,so it still hasn't arrived,but I'm just wondering.

2. Skipper

Skipper Kommodore

Yes it's possible to replace it. Their are a few rules to respect. The D.P badge is WW2 . You may put WW1 and WW2 insignias on WW1 helmets. WW2 insignias on WW1 shells are common, but the opposite is unlikey, though not impossible for DP use. Remember the ion edges are very fragile, so if you fold them, make sure you replace them once only, for additional foldings may break them

3. Ricky323

Ricky323 New Member

Thanks for replying! I tought that ww1 badges were common on ww2 helmets.Theres a lot of pictures of ww2 french soldiers with the Mle.15 badge.The reason why I bought the helmet was to restore it and make it into an standard army helmet,not the D.P one.And also,what color should i paint it ? Currently it's a bit rusty.I was thinking an moustard/army green colour.It would be nice if you'd tell me the color used by the French army.Thanks again for the info! P.S I will send photos of the helmet very soon(it just arrived).

4. Skipper

Skipper Kommodore

WWI are common on WW1 helmets, The new helmet is from 1931 , the badge appreare din 1937 only, so from 1931 to 1937 almost all units with new helmets were fitted witht the old insignias. I suggest you paint it kaki green

[​IMG][​IMG]