Welcome to the WWII Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the community.

Checking In

Discussion in 'Free Fire Zone' started by Brayden Allen, Aug 21, 2018.

1. Brayden Allen

Brayden Allen Member

Hey Everyone, I know its been quite while since i've posted anything. I've got to say i've missed checking in on your posts everyday and seeing what's been going on. But honestly, i've just been extremely busy, with just life in general. And i've got to say it's been pretty tough.

In my last post I had mentioned that I started a media job during the summer. Well, i've got to say it was amazing and I loved every minute of it but sadly it was only temporary and ended at the beginning of August. So, as of now I have started college. I don't know if i've mentioned what i'm studying but i'm majoring Media Arts Production at one of my "local" technical colleges. There are parts of it I like and parts of it I don't. But I think it will be good for me in the long run.

However, the hardest part of it all comes doesn't really come from school at all, it comes from work. As I mentioned my awesome media job has ended. So i'm stuck back at a job I absolutely hate, and I want away from it so much. So, to sum it up i'm saying I want away from my terrible job and what I new one. Preferably one that relates closer to my major. So I was hoping you guys could give my some suggestions of some possible job opportunities that I could pursue while i'm college. Some of the places i've looked into are some retail stores such as Lowes, Home Depot, and GameStop. I currently work in the fast food industry i've got to say it absolutely sucks, and I hate it and want out of it. So i'd like to know if anyone has any suggestions for possible jobs I could pursue while i'm college. If you would like some more information about myself to help your suggestions I would be happy to give it to you.

2. CAC

CAC Ace of Spades

Work in a cinema...get to see all the films...
    Camera shop...
    Recording studio...
    TV station...

JJWilson likes this.
  3. JJWilson

JJWilson Well-Known Member

I understand the busyness completely, as I've started college this week as well. You could also potentially look for a job for your college news or radio station, if they have one? Then there is also local news stations that have internships I believe.....

4. chibobber

chibobber Member

Get creative and go to your local and suburban government offices. See if they would be interested in you producing videos for retiring personnel. Usually one of the secretaries ends up doing it.A thirty minute retrospective of the persons career,serious and humorous,family support and a killer sound track. Great for a retirement party or coffee and cake send off. Basically an editing job of the info and images they provide.If they like your work and price,you will busy.

JJWilson and CAC like this.
  5. Owen

Owen O

Can students join the National Guard ?

CAC likes this.
  6. Slipdigit

Slipdigit Good Ol' Boy Staff Member WW2|ORG Editor

Requirements:

To join the National Guard without prior service, you must meet these mandatory requirements:

• Be between the ages of 17 and 35
    • Be a U.S. citizen or permanent resident
    • Be at least a junior in high school, or have a high school diploma or a GED certificate
    • Achieve a minimum score on the ASVAB test
    • Meet medical, physical and moral requirements
    Eligibility | National Guard

Owen likes this.
  7. Brayden Allen

Brayden Allen Member

Well guys, I have an update. I was doing some researching and looking around and discovered some interesting things about things I like and things I could possibly do as a future career. As I mentioned i'm studying Media Arts in college, and I will say I do really like it. Yes, it gets complicated sometimes but it's honestly worth it. It's only been like a week and its taught me things i've been waiting months to learn. I definitely want to take my media studies and use it in my future career but I discovered something. I found that there are actually some simple like trade jobs that I really like too. I will tell you how I discovered it. I was thinking about media, and how i've always dreamed of connecting media with sports. I was looking in specific on YouTube, at channels that cover sports. There were already so many channels that covered my favorite sports, all but one. And you know what it was, car racing. Through that I discovered that I like working with my hands, and have always wanted to work on cars. And to connect it with media, I though about creating like my own online tv show about car building, racing, etc. Which of course I would put on YouTube, starting out. I also discovered that I also like carpentry and electrical too, and working on things related to them. I just love to build and make things.

My ultimate goal is to find a way, or start a business where I can connect all things things together. I will list them out again. They are Media, Auto Mechanic, Carpentry, and Electrical. I was actually thinking of a way I could do it, and I think I came up with a pretty good idea, but I want to hear yall's opinion.

So here's the idea. I would create one big company, and under I would have separate divisions that would cover each of my interests, or I could create a few different "brands" that cover my interests. Some of them would go together, like carpentry and electrical. And i've even thought of some ways I can tie them all together.

The thing is I just have so many interests, that I don't want to give up on them. Because each one has the capability to work out for me in the future, and I don't want to miss it. I would just like to hear you guys's opinions. If you'd like for me to go into more detail I would be more than glad to.

8. wooley12

wooley12 Active Member

Thoughts? Just Do It.

JJWilson likes this.
  9. JJWilson

JJWilson Well-Known Member

Agreed.......Now is the time to take risks and follow your heart, you can't do that as well when you're 40, or are taking care of a family.

10. wooley12

wooley12 Active Member

Just Do It. More specifically, make a video of you doing a brake job or oil change. Upload to Youtube. See how it looks. See what happens. Make a better video. Upload. Repeat.

Good luck.

JJWilson and CAC like this.