Welcome to the WWII Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the community.

Coat Reichsminister Albert Speer

Discussion in 'WWII Today' started by ALPI123, Nov 10, 2013.

1. ALPI123

ALPI123 New Member

2. A-58

A-58 Cool Dude

Bidding starts at $12K. No telling what it will finally sell for.

ALPI123 likes this.
  3. ALPI123

ALPI123 New Member

Yes, I think it will become very expensive :s

4. LRusso216

LRusso216 Graybeard Staff Member

I think I'd want more provenance than a video of Speer wearing a coat. Call me skeptical.

5. ALPI123

ALPI123 New Member

Hmmm but his information is spectacular and the coat is the same as on the photos, + I'm sure you can't copy something like that with a name and that rzm-ticket. Do you think that the coat's price is too high? Because i'm interested ;)

6. ALPI123

ALPI123 New Member

And the starting price is 9900 usd now :)

7. von Poop

von Poop Waspish

I've got a few old leather jackets that I'm currently inscribing the names of assorted Nazi leaders into.
    Contact me for further details, starting prices are a bargain at £200 per item, and a grand for the very special pair of open crotch Leather knickers that Eva definitely wore in the bunker (I know she did, because the Internet told me so).

I know nothing of this coat's provenance, or really care, but... Caveat Emptor, eh?

8. ALPI123

ALPI123 New Member

I will ask to the seller how he got the coat ;)

9. A-58

A-58 Cool Dude

Do you have pictures?

10. KodiakBeer

KodiakBeer Member

Color? Size?

11. von Poop

von Poop Waspish

This is a serious bloody auction you know.
    If I leak pictures on the Internet my phone will melt with all the serious enquiries I will get from important billionaires, Museums and world leaders - I'm not going through all that again after the Field Marshals Baton mega-sale incident.
    The catalogue is available by post for a mere £160 (using our special online Militaria exchange rate that works out at $700 + $80p&p), richly illustrated and signed by every major Nazi I can possibly dream up, and who knows... maybe even Monty & Patton too, as soon as I can find a decent picture of their signatures.

And if Sir doesn't know the colour and size of Eva's Knickers; might I suggest that sir is in the wrong auction house, and should maybe try 'Crazy Wladislaw's House of discount Military Junk' just down the road, as it may be more in accordance with Sir's pocket.

4jonboy likes this.
  12. KodiakBeer

KodiakBeer Member

I beg your pardon... So, would you consider a swap for Borman's nipple rings? I also have Himmler's Teddy Bear, the one he called Mein Furry. It's a little bit sticky, but otherwise in great shape.

13. von Poop

von Poop Waspish

The Nazi Body Piercings sale is in February 2014, submissions are only accepted with full Waffenamt markings & provenance, though our 'Jazzing stuff up' department, which carries a full range of stamps & labels, can be contacted in advance for a small consideration.

The market is sadly flooded with Himmler's Teddies. Many are indeed original given how many he threw from the pram during the war years, but there's a thriving Polish faking industry too.

[​IMG]

14. ALPI123

ALPI123 New Member

Oooh yeah we where talking about the coat of Albert Speer. I asked the seller about a certificate or something ... and a minute later he posted a certificate or ownership-document. He answered that he didn't post the picture because he was scared for people that would make copies of it. But I searched in his text and he mentioned the document before posting the foto of it. And yes .... I know that someone of you will say that also the document is fake...

15. KodiakBeer

KodiakBeer Member

I'm not sure what a certificate of ownership is, or what it proves. When you buy something tied to a famous person you need to see some very credible evidence. A letter from an actual person detailing that he took it from Speer's bombed out house, or that it was among Speer's effects when he was captured. You'd also expect to see supporting documents - is it Speer's size? How tall was Speer, what size are other Speer items of clothing? What size clothing was Speer issued in prison?

I have no interest in Nazi memorabilia, but if I did I'd demand some pretty good evidence before spending any money. There are 100 fakes for every real item out there.

16. LRusso216

LRusso216 Graybeard Staff Member

I agree KB. I'm not a collector, but I would seriously think twice before I buy. There are many avenues of provenance, but a certificate of ownership is not one of them. I can provide a certificate of ownership for anything I possess.

17. von Poop

von Poop Waspish

The very existence of such books as these should encourage anyone considering Emptoring to be damned sure of their Caveats before handing over the cash.
    A minefield...

[​IMG] [​IMG]

18. ALPI123

ALPI123 New Member

Oké thank you, the seller said that he had 2 documents. But he posted just one, I think he will post the other later ... Maybe a trick to sell it faster ;) As good as I can see on the document of the RZM (they provided the licenses for selling stuff of the third reich) the name of Albert Speer and his membership-number of the NSDAP is on it, and it looks really real. But I will wait for the other document, already thank you for the answers.

19. ALPI123

ALPI123 New Member

And I'm a collector of German collectibles for years, and everything looks just right. The document is already rare by itselves, because we still don't know very much about the RZM. Von Poop, I already have books of that sort, thank you for mentioning it. Like I said, I will wait for the other document ...

20. KodiakBeer

KodiakBeer Member

How do you tie the RZM document to this coat? And if it is tied somehow (a stamped serial number?), why would the owner (Speer) hang onto the document? The coat was made in 1936 and wouldn't have fallen into private hands until 1945. Did Speer carry it around in the pocket for nine years until the end of the war? If not, then how did whoever looted the coat at the end of the war also get the document?