Welcome to the WWII Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the community.

Collection in storage....

Discussion in 'Collections' started by QOTD, Dec 13, 2011.

1. QOTD

QOTD Member

Well.....due to the demands of the Royal Australian Navy, my wife has been promoted to petty officer, which means another posting interstate. Going from our large 4 bedroom, huge double garage house and moving into to a defence 3 bedroom town house has caused me to store my large collection of helmets, uniforms etc into storage for 18 months... I am taking my favorite 6 helmets and badge collection with me but the rest is now carefully packed and stored......a tinge of sadness follows, but I know I will be able to get it all back and in its rightful place when we come backThe biggest hassle was wat to keep with me and safely protect the rest in numerous trunks carefully wrapped.....No doubt I will acquire more items in the ensuing 18 months, adding to my eclectic collection....

2. gunbunnyb/3/75FA

gunbunnyb/3/75FA Member

well, 1st, c'grats, on her promotion. 2nd look at this way your moving into a different area means different boot sales (haha).

3. QOTD

QOTD Member

Yeh, lots more militaria and antique stores tonexplore

4. urqh

urqh Tea drinking surrender monkey

I'll add my..Congrats to the wife...

5. Skipper

Skipper Kommodore

Congrats with the promotion, you have my address for the storage of your collection , right? i'll take good care of the helmets. :D