Welcome to the WWII Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the community.

Conan O'Brien Hates my Homeland

Discussion in 'The Members Lounge' started by Canadian_Super_Patriot, Nov 23, 2007.

1. Canadian_Super_Patriot

Canadian_Super_Patriot recruit

via TanksinWW2
    Insult my Nation. Conan O'Brien had a segment of his show with fictional international coins, and one such coin, that of the Ukraine, got many angry responses, mainly letters.. He didnt even know his show was broadcast in the Ukraine, so he went on a quest to see who sees his show, so he started insulting every country he could(allthough, I think he may have missed some), and waited for the hatemail to come to see what countries he was broadcast in, lol He was probably having fun with it as well, especially after it became a popular sketch, lol

For a little more http://conan.kary.ca/

Afghanistan
    The bad news is, there's a new article about everyone farming opium.
    The good news is, you can't read.

Albania
    The perfect getaway for people who love Kosovo, but hate the working phone service.

Algeria
    It took you eight years to beat France.

Andorra
    How does it feel, being Luxembourg's bitch?

Angola
    Hey, call me when your life expectancy catches up with your inflation rate.

Azerbaijan
    Believe it or not, you can use oil for more than just killing seals.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Bahamas
    It takes a lot of rum to forget your major export is crawfish.

Bahrain
    A thriving centre of trade and culture... until 2000 BC!

Bangladesh
    If you can hear this, your television isn't underwater. Congratulations!

Barbados
    There simply isn't a more beautiful island... to sail by on your way to Jamaica.

Belarus
    Clay, sand, and chalk: Your richest natural resources are what a toddler throws up after a big day at preschool.

Belgium
    The only European country to never successfully invade Belgium.

Belize
    Get your camera; they're paving a road!

Benin
    Keep practicing those voodoo spells and maybe someday you'll be as rich as Rwanda.

Bhutan
    So they took away your freedom of the press? Who needs it when your only headline is "Bhutan Continues to Suck?"

Bolivia
    Remember kids, you must be at least nine years old to overthrow the goverment.

Bosnia & Herzegovina
    Nothing spells a bright future like signing your peace accord in Dayton, Ohio.

Botswana
    Diamonds are forever; too bad your people check out at 35.

Brazil
    Home to more than 800 species of unregulated breast implants.

Brunei
    If there was ever an argument for the death penalty, it's chicken smuggling.

Bulgaria
    So what if you misplaced a little weapons-grade uranium? The important thing is keeping track of all those hand-made doileys and goat hair rugs.

Burkina Faso
    In the traditional tribal language, that's Burkina for "land of" and Faso for "people who want to get the hell out of Burkina Faso."

Burma
    The bad news is, you've got rampant malaria.
    The good news is, it doesn't stop the kids from making those shirts.

Burundi
    All that coffee in a country with no reason to wake up.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Cambodia
    How many temples does it take before you guys realize God isn't listening?

Cameroon
    Not to be mistaken with the macaroon, a small, chewy cookie... with a longer life expectancy!

Canada
    With massive overpopulation threatening the globe, Canadians maintain a population of less than 35 million. How do they do it? Zero sex appeal!

Cape Verde
    Millions visit your island nation... to refuel their planes!

Central African Republic
    So bad, the gorillas learn sign language for "Poach me."

Chad
    Good news: Ustad Ali Khan is headlining the Locust Plague Festival.

Chile
    The good news is, it's finally legal to get a divorce.
    The bad news is, who gets the active volcano and who gets the 55,000 square miles of lifeless desert?

China
    If you're gonna be in prison, it might as well be for no reason.

Colombia
    You'll come for the enticing beauty of the Caribbean Sea. You'll stay because you've been kidnapped and locked in the trunk of a Dodge Dart.

Comoros
    On a list of the world's purchasing power, you're ranked 222. Did I mention there are only 190 countries?

Democratic Republic of Congo
    Where even a poor boy with no prospects can grow up to be run over by a presidential motorcade.

Republic of Congo
    Without you, who would the elephants trample?

Costa Rica
    Thanks for giving us a place to dump our potheads.

Cote D'Ivoire
    Cocoa, sugar, and mass killings. Are you a country or a Willy Wonka nightmare?

Croatia
    Congratulations on your candidacy for the European Union. Imagine, if that comes through, it could employ two, maybe three people.

Cuba
    Where "high-tech" means you've got a radio on your homemade raft.

Cyprus
    Where the Mediterranean climate makes it a joy to spend each day mining asbestos.

Czech Republic
    The country that explains why Kafka never wrote a happy story.

Denmark
    Too bad you can't build a warm, sunny day out of Legos.

Djibouti
    Imagine how great life would be if you had the rich natural resources of Ethiopia.

Dominica
    Where the national catchphrase is "I'm sorry, officer, I didn't mean to interrupt your armed robbery."

Dominican Republic
    The perfect place for anyone who's ever asked themself "Where'd my car go?"

East Timor
    It takes a lot to admit you live on the bad side of Timor.

Ecuador
    Street crime is on the rise, so keep your ransom note in an inside pocket.

Egypt
    Where priceless ancient statues and mummies are so close, you can fly to London and see them at the British Museum.

El Salvador
    Where no resumé is complete without the phrase "Supervised six-person death squad."

Equatorial Guinea
    Congratulations, you just discovered vast oil reserves... I mean, we just discovered vast oil reserves. *evil laugh*

Eritrea
    You only have one TV station, but cheer up - it's got locust reports on the eights!

Estonia
    Home of the European flying squirrel, the only Estonian mammal that's not an alcoholic.

Ethiopia
    I can't do this one, let's move on.

Fiji
    If you're visiting Fiji, you have to go snorkeling, 'cause it's the best way to flee cannibals.

Finland
    We're so dumb, we can't wait to be insulted to send a meaningless postcard with a tire on the front.

You've had over 5,000 years of culture, and the world's most famous Finn is still Huckleberry.

France
    You gave us the term "deja vu," as in "Wow, I have this weird feeling you've been obnoxious and arrogant before. Deja vu!"

(Wait a miniute, this is France, so I think I can't do just one.)

France
    Rimbaud, Baudelaire, Gauguin, Manet: You're number one when it comes to great minds that died of syphillis.

Gabon
    You have to question a country that grants five terms to a man called "President Bongo."

The Gambia
    The only nation brave enough to say "Let those offshore oil reserves wait. We've got a good thing going with these peanuts and palm kernels."

Georgia
    Where Europe meets Asia and says "Hey, why don't we both dump our crap here?"

Germany
    The great 20th-century power that said, "Ditch Einstein, get Hasselhoff."

Ghana
    The 'h' is silent, like a room full of people after you ask "What's worthwhile about Ghana?"

Greece
    Big news: Historians now think the first marathon took place in August 490 BC, not September. That means nothing good has come out of Greece for a month longer than previously believed.

Grenada
    When you're at the end of a grueling fifteen-hour day peeling the husks off nutmeg, remember this: without you, the world would have to sprinkle its eggnog with cinnamon.

Guatemala
    Where the Mayans invented the zero, as in "What are the chances this shirt was made by someone over the age of eight? Zero!"

Guinea
    Even guinea pigs have the good sense to claim they're actually from Peru.

Guinea-Bissau
    The only book that mentions it is The Audubon Guide to Locusts.

Guyana
    The Eskimos have sixty words for "snow." The Guyanans have eighty words for "dysentery."

Haiti
    You just celebrated two hundred years of independence. Congratulations. Now make a wish and blow out your burning pile of tires.

Hungary
    Sure, your next-door neighbour Austria was home to Mozart, Beethoven, Strauss, Schubert, and Freud, but don't forget, you make pretty good stuffed cabbage.

Iceland
    I'm amazed you don't have a military. How do you protect your 85,000 square miles of uninhabitable land?

India
    A nation so richly diverse, you can walk into a single neighborhood and find cholera, dengue fever, malaria, typhoid, and plague.

Indonesia
    This year marks the fiftieth anniversary of your first democratic election, in which apparently, everyone voted to never have another democratic election.

Iran
    Just two more years 'til you have a nuclear warhead, and two years and a day 'til you use it on a woman holding a beer.

Ireland
    You know, there's a wonderful old Irish legend that goes something like this: Once upon a time, many years ago, there was an Irishman who could hold down a job.

Israel
    Hey, remember when life in Israel was vibrant and carefree? Man, that was the day.

Italy
    The newspapers are reporting a miracle. Apparently, a statue of Mary moved her hand and said, "I just worked harder than 80% of your workforce."

Jamaica
    Of course you've got an astronomical murder rate. You've had "No Woman No Cry" on repeat for 25 years.

Japan
    Last century, you brutally defeated China and Russia. This century, you make Hello Kitty toasters.

Jordan
    Thanks to your country's progress in human rights, now your citizens can choose which hand you cut off.

Kenya
    It's a beautiful place to grow old, assuming you're one of the 2.3% of Kenyans who live to 65.

South Korea
    Your biggest natural resource is coal, which gives dog a nice, smokey flavour.

Kuwait
    We saved your ass from Saddam. Now make with the oil, bitch.

Kyrgystan
    If your country could afford vowels, you could spell "this place sucks."

Laos
    You'll come for the early Asian ruins. You'll stay 'cause you've been stricken with avian bird flu.

Latvia
    Your leading industries are textiles, heavy machinery production, and trading your daughters for second-hand American blue jeans.

Liberia
    Are you bummed out 'cause your country has only 120 miles of paved road? Well, cheer up! Your 41-year life expectancy should give you plenty of time to see all of it.

Luxembourg
    Come visit our country, but make sure you also have an afternoon activity.

Malawi
    Just like Florida, except without the electricity, phones, drinkable water, or protection from roaming death squads.

Malaysia
    Where the police cane you first, then ask for a bribe.

Maldives
    You'll come for the tropical climate. You'll stay 'cause you've been eaten by tiger sharks.

Mali
    What's that noise? People arguing in tribal languages over the last pile of ground nuts!

Malta
    Brimming with culture, history, and mustachioed Sicilian hookers.

Marshall Islands
    To write a joke about your country, we Googled it. No results were found.

Mexico
    Look, there's an honest policeman! No, wait, they got him.

Monaco
    Where Eurotrash goes to gamble away their facelift money.

Mongolia
    Where Chinese freedom meets Siberian comfort.

Mozambique
    The good news is, you only have the fourteenth highest death rate in the world.
    The bad news is, you border numbers one, three, four, and seven.

Myanmar
    Remember when your government was almost toppled by a pair of cigarette-smoking twelve-year-old twins who you thought were immortal? Man, you sure have come a long way since 2001.

Nepal
    Home to eight of the world's highest peaks; nine if you count your unemployment rate.

The Netherlands
    Congratulations, you've turned 500 years of culture into a pot joke.

New Caledonia
    Still a world leader in beach erosion.

Nicaragua
    Come learn about the heritage of your nanny.

Nigeria
    Where children come first... in the draft.

Norway
    Sweden has Ikea, Finland has Nokia... Hey Norway, what do you have? Nothing-kia!

Oman
    As in "Oh man, I can't believe you cut my hand off for stealing an orange!"

Pakistan
    Guess what? You're not worth jack-istan!

Palau
    How do you enter Palau? Arrive in a national airport.
    How do you leave Palau? Through a shark's colon.

Panama
    Congratulations, you have the second-busiest canal after Paris Hilton.

Philippines
    Mi casa es su landfill.

Poland
    We'd write an insult about Poland, but they'd just send themselves the hate mail.

Romania
    Come see our museum of the Middle Ages. We call it "Romania."

Russia
    The perfect marriage of rampant corruption and tacky track suits.

St. Kitts & Nevis
    You know, after you get through the shrinking population and the low birth rate, there's almost no one left to die during hurricane season.

Samoa
    Kind of like Fiji, but without all the reasons to go there.

Saudi Arabia
    You'll come for the history, you'll stay because they arrested your wife for accidentally showing her ankles.

Serbia
    You tried ethnic cleansing; how about cleaning your armpits?

Sierra Leone
    You fought for the British in World War I, now you're fighting for your first working toilet.

Slovakia
    In 1993, Czechoslovakia was split into two seperate parts: Slovakia, and the good part.

Somalia
    Plagued by decades of civil war. Come on, guys, there's plenty of rubble for everyone!

Spain
    Five hundred years ago, you were a global superpower, and now you're not. Hmm, that's strange. Oh well, time for another four-hour nap!

Sweden
    Your contributions to the world: crappy furniture and Stockholm Syndrome.

Syria
    We haven't bombed you yet. Still, I'd hold off on any major contruction projects.

Taiwan
    Oh wait, you're not a real country. You're China's bitch!

Tajikistan
    Congratulations, you're where Uzbekistanis go to feel better about themselves.

Thailand
    Where you can have sex with a 14-year-old prostitute, if they're willing to come out of retirement.

Togo
    You've got it all... and by "it all," I mean risk of both bacterial and protozoal diarrhea.

Trinidad & Tobago
    The Siegfried & Roy of the Lesser Antilles.

Tunisia
    Remember that scene in Star Wars when they're on that desert planet and they go into that bar with all those weird creatures? Guess what, that was filmed in Tunisia, and those weren't actors!

Turkey
    Formerly the Ottoman Empire, whose greatest achievement was inventing a piece of furniture to rest your feet on.

Turkmenistan
    Why don't more people give their children Turkmen names? I don't know, let's ask President Gurbanguly Berdymuhammedov.

Turks & Caicos
    Where the national library is housed under the reception desk of a Sandals Resort.

Uganda
    Situated right between Rwanda and the Sudan. Jealous?

United Arab Emirates
    You're remarkably tolerant on women's rights: you let them drive a car to their stoning.

United Kingdom
    The sun never sets on the United Kingdom, and it never rose on British dentistry.

Uzbekistan
    You've got a novel way to fight corruption: you don't have anything worth stealing!

Vanuatu
    You have more than a hundred local languages; in other words, over a hundred ways to say "Hey, remember when Survivor was here?"

Vietnam
    Come and reunite your sneakers with the eight-year-olds who made them.

Virgin Islands
    Well you wouldn't be, if you weren't so damn ugly.

Wallis & Fortuna
    The reason for your people's long lifespan? Not even Death knows where the hell you are!

Yemen
    If you think Yemen is too tough on shoplifters, raise your right stump.

Zambia
    Don't let anyone tell you that you're dirt-poor. You've got plenty of dirt!

Zimbabwe
    You'll come for the country's pristine natural beauty. You'll stay because rogue soldiers have chained

2. Lone Wolf

Lone Wolf New Member

via TanksinWW2
    A myth, I believe, perpetuated by non-poor Americans - the World's richest nation where a very large part of the population can't afford any medical treatment at all.

:roll:

3. Commando

Commando recruit

via TanksinWW2
    Oh boy. What a huge list!

4. Simonr1978

Simonr1978 New Member

via TanksinWW2
    Yawn...

He does realise it's not 1950 anymore doesn't he? Seriously though, I love it when steroetypes older than my parents are passed off as wit and humour. Next please. :roll:

5. Siberian Black

Siberian Black New Member

via TanksinWW2
    Hm....stereotypical American....thinks 'is country's better than everybody else.....

Ok fellow hoseheads, grab your snowbal cannons, release the rabid beavers and mount your mooses! We're gonna take this hoser out eh?!

I'm awsome, admit it. :lol:

6. Canadian_Super_Patriot

via TanksinWW2
    People just completely missed the point. By the responses I can see that it has worked lol

Plus it was conan, not me lol

Duh, it was a steroetype, he was trying to piss you guys of lol

Why cant anyone here take a joke, instead of getting all cynical and bitchy

7. Lone Wolf

Lone Wolf New Member

via TanksinWW2
    OK - here goes -

America's Sh#t.

Get it - huh, get it, huh, huh ?

:lol:

8. me262 phpbb3

me262 phpbb3 New Member

via TanksinWW2
    hey yo forgot more of mexico:
    you visit us and get moctezuma revenge!!!!!!

9. Revere

Revere New Member

via TanksinWW2
    Well at least he left no one out... :)

hes a comadian who takes him seriously? he makes his money off of making fun of people and you obviusly care what he says because your reading it :) so hes doing a good job.

10. Simonr1978

Simonr1978 New Member

via TanksinWW2
    Yeah and like the French are just cheese eating surrender monkeys and the Italians are only any good at running away, and Americans just eat burgers and drive really big cars, and we all know that Canadians are maple syrup munching illiterates because national stereotypes are just so funny! I'll bet Roel is just kicking his clogs off in fury in his windmill in the middle of a tulip field as I type this.

Actually I do get it, and I know it was someone else coming up with this. What he was doing was trying to offend people whilst pretending to be clever and to do so with the lowest brand of outdated playground humour, and that is funny or witty because...?

Really though, I thought it was so hillarious that when I read the entry for Turkey (For example) I nearly pi**ed myself laughing... :-? Ottoman! wow, that's clever, it's just so funny... :roll:

We have people like this the UK, (Scott Mills for example) who think it's hillarious to do things like make prank calls to foreign countries and laugh at people who don't fully understand English. It's not funny, not witty and not clever.

Yeah, this kind of stuff depends on aged stereotypes. "Joke" though implies that humour, wit and a degree of originality are present, somehow "The British have bad teeth" is more than a little bit tired and doesn't really tick any of those boxes. It's so lazy I can't even understand why it's considered humour.

Hey, if he wants to pick on Germany I'm sure there are some really good Hitler jokes still knocking around... Y'know, just whilst we're grabbing these whilst they're still topical. :roll:

11. Siberian Black

Siberian Black New Member

via TanksinWW2
    I respond by making my own jokes with some stereotypes from my own country and I'm cynical and bitchy? :lol:

Take off hosehead! (Damn, I love being Canadian! Guess I won't be sleeping tonight......too keyed up with humour bursting at the seams)

hmm I forgot to make mention of the maple syrup swigging, igloos, perpeptual snow and dogsleds.

Oh yeah......I was planting friggin' trees yesterday. While it was snowing.
    I hate my co-op boss......damned burlap was frozen and we forgot our planting knife.

12. Canadian_Super_Patriot

via TanksinWW2
    Jesus, people that are reacting badly to this are like those whackjobs that run the Tv watchdog groups and who give the PTA a bad name. People like this have a 10 meter stick up their asses 24/7.

It's a joke !

He's being Funny !

He's not lame and boring like Leno and Letterman

13. Canadian_Super_Patriot

via TanksinWW2
    If your upset then he did his job :D :lol:

14. Simonr1978

Simonr1978 New Member

via TanksinWW2
    Cue tumbleweed.......

So funny infact that I forget to laugh, so caught up in the hilarity was I...

He's a commedian, right? I thought a commedian's job was to make people laugh not upset people, in any case what part of a commedian's job involves dilapidated old stereotypes?

OK, then I'll try it.

The English have really bad teeth, lol.

And Turkey, being part of what was the Ottoman empire 90 years ago, they invented Ottomans, lmao

What about those Dutch, they live in Windmills with tulips and clogs...

Is this comedy yet? :roll:

15. Canadian_Super_Patriot

via TanksinWW2
    Hes a latenight talkshow hosts, thats what he does. Hes edhy, not safe like Leno. His jobs there was to offend and cause laughter. He has one of the most popular talk shows and that was one of his most popular skits

16. wozwasnt

wozwasnt New Member

via TanksinWW2
    I found some of them funny, even though you know you shouldn't.

He makes fun of the US as well-

Syria
    We haven't bombed you yet. Still, I'd hold off on any major contruction projects.

PS I'm English and I thought the UK one was funny.

17. Canadian_Super_Patriot

via TanksinWW2
    Yeah, I didnt mind the canadian one. We have good looks, they're just all concentrated on a few people i.e miss canada, and pamaela anderson in the 90's

18. Simonr1978

Simonr1978 New Member

via TanksinWW2
    Popular does not equal funny or witty. In the UK Scott Mills is popular, he still largely relies on purile prank call kind of humour and sulks when the tables are turned on him. If spotting that Oman rhymes with Oh Man is the high point of Canadian humour I pity you, I really do.

Wozwasnt, I first heard it back in about 1988, of course I was about 10 years old and it seemed dated back then too which makes it even more depressing that it is still trotted out now.

Maybe I'm just getting old, but after having originally heard "The English have bad teeth" said as a joke nearly 20 years ago it just seems a little stale. It wasn't particularly funny or fresh back then and it's no better now, only worse since the commedian concerned obviously can't be bothered to come up with anything even vaguely original.

I randomly picked a dozen off the list here, they mostly seem pretty much the same, "jokes" that were old at least decade ago.

19. Canadian_Super_Patriot

via TanksinWW2
    He's popular because hes funny. Hes a nice break from the safe, really mainstream humour of Jay leno. Plus, he's american. Im not sire you would like him Simon. Hes very popular with the high school/college crowd

20. Blaster

Blaster New Member

via TanksinWW2
    I think this is pretty much humour. But less population is good in some ways, and s*x is bad anyway.