Welcome to the WWII Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the community.

"Conspiracy Theory" of Pearl Harbor?

Discussion in 'War44 General Forums' started by Ricardo War44, Mar 3, 2008.

1. Ricardo War44

Ricardo War44 New Member

via War44
    I've heard that there were conspiracy theories involving the attack on Pearl Harbor. I'm not really familiar with them though.

I realize that the current ones involving 9/11 would probably have more momentum because of the digital age, but was there a comparable rumbling about conspiracy theories in the first decade after the attack on Pearl Harbor?

2. Dave War44

Dave War44 Member

via War44
    Hmmm.

There is still no wholly satisfactory official explanation for the collapse of the WTC towers and WTC7.

The Pearl Harbor raid was clearly carried out by the Imperial Japanese Navy Air Force !

????

3. Cabel1960

Cabel1960 recruit

via War44
    I read that the Americans knew that the Japanese were planning the attack and did nothing to stop it so they had a valid excuse to join the war. :oops:

Don't know if this rings true thou. :ponder:

4. Ricardo War44

Ricardo War44 New Member

via War44
    I haven't looked into the theories much concerning Pearl Harbor, but I expect they're basically what Stalin's suggesting.

But looking back, it seems amazing that Hitler wasn't reason enough to get involved, although I'm not sure how much was known about his agenda then.

5. eireann

eireann New Member

via War44
    Yes, I think as people looking back on Pearl Harbor, it's difficult to understand what things were like at that time. The attack seems pretty clear-cut. I only hope that in a few years we'll be talking about 9/11 in those terms as well.