Welcome to the WWII Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the community.

Contacts with vets-or am I alone?

Discussion in 'War in the Pacific' started by C.Evans, Dec 23, 2000.

1. C.Evans

C.Evans Expert

Just wondering who out there shares the same distinction as I do. Take care and Merry Christmas.

2. PzJgr

PzJgr Drill Instructor

Unfortunately, with the passing of my grandfather, I no longer have any contact with WWII vets from either side.

3. C.Evans

C.Evans Expert

Dear PzJgr, if your interested in contacts, let me know I have over 500 contacts with German vets from all their combat arms.

4. A.GREG

A.GREG Member

Dear Evans,

My grandgather also passed away recently and he was one of the last vets I know of. If you had the time, do you think you could email me a list of a few I could try and contact?

5. C.Evans

C.Evans Expert

Dear A Greg: Email me with you requests. Ask and you shall recieve.

I just tried the email function here but couldnt get it to work. If you dont email me I will try it again tomorrow.

Let me know if they come through because I dont trust on how I use computers. Im from the Atari 2600 generation.

6. Doc Raider

Doc Raider Member

I search for vet addresses all the time. I specifically try to find medics, but it's pretty hard cause I usually can't figure out what a vet did when he was in from the lists. I just post things and hope the medics or their families answer.

7. C.Evans

C.Evans Expert

Come to think of it, I just might have a medic contact or two--ill check my lists tomorrow when I have time.

Now I do know I do have a medic contact--He was a Platoon Sergeant for 14 years. The vets name is Bill Vahaly. He served with the 3/7th Cav.