Welcome to the WWII Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the community.

Contraversial subjects

Discussion in 'The Members Lounge' started by GP, Sep 2, 2007.

1. GP

GP New Member

via TanksinWW2
    Some people here like to post the occasional contraversial subject. Could people comment on this please.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/6974611.stm

Although I do not have access to Pentagon thoughts I believe it is not far from the mark, in so far as I believe that the post reconstruction of Iraq was not fully thought out.

I have worked with US forces over the period of this conflict and there own words are that the US Military is not a police force and that they were there to win the war not make peace.

2. majorwoody10

majorwoody10 New Member

via TanksinWW2
    first ..it was hoped we (the west) would find the weapons ..but sadam slipped em into syria ..not nukes just gas and bio prolly ..then it was hoped the people would leap for joy to be rid of sadam and welcome the infidels (well they did for a little while ) then they become democrats and republicans or whigs and tories ..well that part aint gonna gel , too bad ..it mighta worked ,if the iraquis were canadians or chileans or spaniards or even irishmen ...but they are not ,are they...well you can rest assured we wont be doing any nationbuilding in the bloody third world for a long ,long while ..the communist religion is only eighty years old and we had a bitch of a time stamping it out (and now its reseeding in russia again )..islam is a thousand years old and its not going to wither away anytime soon ..we could stamp it out with the military if we were willing to do it like ceasar or genghis or tamurlink but we wont ..the wretched middle east and north africa will prolly continue to be oppressed by its own iron bound religion and tribal,ethnic bullshit for another 500 years..oh well ..we tried

3. Hoosier phpbb3

Hoosier phpbb3 New Member

via TanksinWW2
    Actually, the Kurdish region of Iraq is doing quite well in comparison to the rest of the country. They are big fans of Americans and our flag is not an uncommon sight in the region.
    Their schools are up and running, and life is better than it ever was under Saddam... "boy who shines shoes."
    I expect they are pushing to break away from Iraq and form their own government/nation: Kuristan. I've followed news reports stating the Kurds would like to control the oil-producing infrastructure in Kirkuk.
    I don't think Turkey is happy about the idea at all.

Tim

4. Canadian_Super_Patriot

Canadian_Super_Patriot recruit

via TanksinWW2
    Well, if Kurdistan forms it's own country then watch out for Turkey. Frankly, I think the americans should ponder a system of " If you attack then we arent giving you aid", so if the insurgents attack the americans then they can just say "stop the trucks". They should fix Iraq to have an acceptable infastructure and so, divide it in 3-4 with a temperary demiliterized zone inbetween them all. They should then move forces up North to counter and Turkiish intervention