Welcome to the WWII Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the community.

Corona Virus - How is that working for you?

Discussion in 'Free Fire Zone' started by wooley12, Mar 13, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Poppy

Poppy grasshopper

"Funny story. I met the mom and dad who started the business and two adult sons who were running it at a hotel in Niagara Falls. NF in Canada because Niagra Falls the US side is a joke. They do a trip around the world every year to see their best customers. Eric, the oldest son, told me his dad was craving Chinese food so I asked the concierge to suggest a good Chinese place for dinner.. It was pouring rain so I dropped them off in front of the restaurant and left to park the car a few blocks away. On my way back, Erik calls to me from a dark side alley saying they found a better place. Through an unmarked door, and down a flight of stairs to a dim restaurant. Probably 20 diners in the place and I'm the only one with round eyes. The food was to die for. After fumbling for a bit with chopsticks, the mom smiled a bit and handed me a fork"
    yes. that was hilarious, for a robot.

2. wooley12

wooley12 Active Member

No. Odd that you would think of that. Unless you are familiar with the infamous Gingerbread House as a club member. I wear jeans 90% of the time.

Don't pull the tigers tail son.

3. wooley12

wooley12 Active Member

As for your second post. Everyone is a critic. I can deal with that.

4. Poppy

Poppy grasshopper

ive worked for plenty of shady people. the first rule (which you have violated) is- dont talk about it.
    my shady people could kill your shady people.
    sounds like you have a good life.
    me- not so much now that lefty has tried to kill both me and you.

5. Takao

Takao Ace

Lefty? Did Trump switch parties?

6. Poppy

Poppy grasshopper

Kai-Petri likes this.
  7. Takao

Takao Ace

8. Takao

Takao Ace

wooley12 likes this.
  9. Takao

Takao Ace

Half Track likes this.
  10. CAC

CAC Ace of Spades

Takao likes this.
  11. wooley12

wooley12 Active Member

The woman who owns a little country store told me a customer went into a rage about his constitutional rights and freedoms when she asked him to wear a mask to be in the shop. He left in a huff saying he'd never shop there again. She's OK with that. WWII connection. She is also a neighbor and wondered what I could find out about her dad. All she could tell me is that he was a pilot in the AAF and the locals would say with a wink that he "Made a million dollars flying back and forth from the ETO and the US. I couldn't find anything on him.

12. Poppy

Poppy grasshopper

its a cruel world, that bears a heavy cross.

13. CAC

CAC Ace of Spades

I bet he did make a killing...Nothing wrong with that IMO so long as something needed is not left in the States for room for contraband.
    My Avatar Clive Caldwell was drummed out of the AirForce for "grog running"...Would take booze to the northern islands and PNG in his Spitfire, where i'm sure a good drink was vital for sanity...His defence was "everyone does it"...The RAAF didn't see it that way.

14. CAC

CAC Ace of Spades

Your dream world is just about to end...

The Breakfast Creek hotel is up for sale,
    The last square mile of terra firma gavelled in the mail,
    So farewell to the Norfolk Island pines,
    No amount of make believe can help this heart of mine.
    End, your dreamworld is just about to end.
    Fall, your dreamworld is just about to fall,
    Your dreamworld will fall.
    So shut that buckle and turn that key again,
    Take me to a place they say the dreaming never ends,
    Open wide drive that mystery road,
    Walk through eden´s garden and then wonder as you go.
    Sign says honeymoon to rent
    Cloud-land into dreamland turns,
    The sun comes up and we all learn
    Those wheels must turn.

Just for the record, there is STILL so much that is great about Americans...like anywhere, there are dropkicks...but also many champion people, the world would be a lesser place without them. Come on Yanks! Come on you mob! Come on you good thing! There are people rooting for you...

15. wooley12

wooley12 Active Member

Another neighbor lady asked me to look for what I could find on her dad. They were very close but all he ever told her was that he was 18 when he went into the Army and was placed in Austria in a border town in civilian clothes and reported his observations. No luck looking up his name either.

16. Poppy

Poppy grasshopper

there is already a cure.
    no vaccine. no bill gates/soros.
    black sabbath
    war pigs

17. belasar

belasar Court Jester

During the hearing in Congress from whistleblower Dr. Bright, Sec, Azar now claims the administration conducted a 'pandemic' study in August of last year and therefore fully prepared for this virus. Wait, why are we hearing this now?

18. wooley12

wooley12 Active Member

I used to keep a blank calendar just in case the IRS ever wanted to verify my business mileage claim.Sounds like the WH is run using the same strategy.

19. CAC

CAC Ace of Spades

Some good news I hope...
    Today at noon, pubs and clubs will re-open here in Darwin, along with most other businesses...No limit on the amount of people, but a 2m distancing limit must still be adhered to …(Hmmm alcohol and responsible behaviour have always gone together....not).
    The AFL wants to restart on June 11...I'll wait to see it before I believe it.

Our Chief Minister this morning sent us a message of congratulations, this is a bit of it...

To everyone in the Northern Territory Public Service.

I have never been prouder to have you as my colleagues.

I have asked a hell of a lot of you. And you’ve given so much in return.

Like you, I am a public servant. That’s my job. And you make me proud to call myself one.

With Stage 2 on our roadmap to a new normal commencing at 12 noon today, I take this opportunity to thank you.

Over eight weeks ago, the coronavirus changed everything. It was as though everyone in the public service suddenly had to learn a whole new language overnight.

You needed to re-purpose. You needed to adapt. To react. Most of all, you needed to be there for Territorians. You did all this and more.

Thousands of you put up your hands to do other jobs. No fuss. You just rolled up your sleeves and you did it.

We needed to.

Our most vulnerable felt their very lives were at risk. Our business people were shoved headfirst into crisis. People felt their sense of certainty and comfort slipping from their grasp.

And that is where you stepped in — and stepped up.

The mission we all share is simple: to help Territorians.

Every department has been exemplary. Every department has played its part. Without exception.

Thank you.

Delivery can often be frustrating in the public service, where process needs to be followed and team work is essential.

But over the last eight weeks we have been nimble and we have been focused.

We have been there for our First Nations people, many of whom are vulnerable and isolated in remote places.

We have been there for our newest Territorians, such as international students and visa holders, who may not be Australians but who call the Territory home. Together, we made sure there was a safety net when they were feeling very low.

NT Chief Minister Michael Gunner

20. belasar

belasar Court Jester

I hope your pubs do better than the bars in Wisconsin did yesterday. May be a lot of Packer season tickets opening up soon.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.