Welcome to the WWII Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the community.

D-Day for Avatars

Discussion in 'WWII Forums News' started by Otto, Apr 27, 2006.

1. Otto

Otto Spambot Nemesis Staff Member WW2|ORG Editor

On June 6th, 2006 the Avatar Depot will receive a major overhaul. Currently, most of our over 350 avatars are sized 65 pixels wide by 75 pixels high. On June 6th, a new set of over 500 avatars will be uploaded, all with dimentions of 80 pixels by 80 pixels. This will be a complete replacement of the avatar system, so once D-Day arrives, all members with access to the Avatar Depot (those with at least 100 posts) will have to reselect their avatars. This is simply the preliminary announcement of the change, as we approach the big day, I'll be sure to remind everyone again so no one will be too surprised by the change.

[ 31. May 2006, 03:14 PM: Message edited by: Otto ]

2. Otto

Just a reminder to everyone that we are at D minus 6 right now, and the new avatars are on the way! [​IMG]

3. Otto

D minus 2...

4. Otto

D minus 1...

5. Otto

Wounds my heart with a monotonous languor.

The big day is here! The Avatar Depot has been updated with over 500 new Avatars. Unfortunately the old files have been deleted and replaced with new files that have a different naming structure. This means you will have to go into the Avatar Depot and select a new avatar. Most of the old files have been replaced with new larger versions of the old images, so you should have no trouble finding the files you had before. If you can't find the old image you had before, don't fret, it's just because I haven't gotten around to making it yet, it's on the way. If there is a particular character or WWII personality you would like added, don't hesitate to send me an email request or make a post in the new feedback forum.

Remember, you need at least 100 posts before you can enter your profile and access the Avatar Depot.

Enjoy the new Avatar Depot!

6. Otto

I have updated the WWII Forums user guide with new information on the Avatar Depot.

[ 06. June 2006, 01:22 PM: Message edited by: Otto ]