Welcome to the WWII Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the community.

Dad's Captured Japanese Flag needs research

Discussion in 'Military Service Records & Genealogical Research' started by acemanaceman, Nov 25, 2009.

1. acemanaceman

acemanaceman recruit

Yesterday my mother gave me a cardboard tube and told me to take it home and open it. I opened it and inside was a Japanese Flag, my dad's discharge papers, and a picture of my dad on a jeep in Hiroshima.

The flag was written on, it says "41st Division, 741st Ordnance Light Maintenance Company, APO 41", At the bottom there is a list of all the places the unit traveled, and written on the body of the flag listed every member of the unit (with home addresses)

The Funny thing is, my Dad's name is not listed on the Flag, and his discharge papers do not list his unit. I am assuming my dad wrote all of his friend's names on the flag? My dad passed when i was 5 so I am not aware of any history of his WWII experiences.

My question is, how can I find out if this is indeed my Dad's Unit, and is where can I find info on the 741st Ordnance Light Maintenance Company?

Any help will be greatly appreciated, Thank you in advance

2. Hans Ludwig

Hans Ludwig Dishonorably Discharged

3. acemanaceman

acemanaceman recruit

Thank you so much for your help, I will contact the site that you listed. I will update the post if I find some additional information

Sincerely,
    Thomas Marr

4. Brittney Hamilton

Brittney Hamilton New Member

Thomas. Not sure if you will see but I think my grandfather served in this unit out of Camp Murray. Would love to see if his name is there.