Welcome to the WWII Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the community.

'Danzig or War' never occurring

Discussion in 'Hearts of Iron' started by Arabassist, Apr 25, 2010.

1. Arabassist

Arabassist recruit

Hey, I've noticed that if Austria joins the Axis, Germany won't be able to annex it via decisions, and thus won't annex Czechoslovakia...Italy won't annex Albania and the Danzig or War decision will never occur and neither will the Winter war.

50% of my games Austria joins the axis and the above happens, in the other 50% they get annexed by Germany and everything else happens historically.

Anyone else have this problem?

2. XcombatX

XcombatX Member

I knew there was an option to force Austria into the Axis alliance, but until a few days ago I as well had never seen the AI do it. Sadly, this means that all post-Anschluss events will never occur and the only thing to do is start over or mess with the game files. I suggest checking Google, because I don't know which ones to edit exactly.

3. Tomcat

Tomcat The One From Down Under

I have never had a problem with this in 1.4.

Japan is extremely Aggressive even fully taking india and almost Australia, and Germany goes to war almost fully historically but usually ends up in Sweden as well.

You can check the internet for the event codes and force Germany to annex Austria this should keep the game going as long as you haven't gone to far.

I for one think that not all the events should be linked, just because Germany doesn't annex Austria doesn't mean that the Russians can't go to war with Finland.

4. flammable

flammable recruit

that happened to me in AOD.what you could do would be to save the game just before a possible annex.then reload it and see if it has a different result.