Welcome to the WWII Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the community.

Desperately Seeking Seaforth

Discussion in '☆☆ New Recruits ☆☆' started by MCT, Nov 4, 2018.

1. MCT

MCT New Member

It is only in the last few days that some of the mysteries surrounding my late father-in-law have begun to unravel. My sister-in-law finally managed to find her parents marriage certificate which, fortunately, had on it her father's name, rank and serial number and the fact that he didn't change his surname until after the end of the war.

Whilst I never met my late father-in-law I do know that he was very secretive about his past and from what has now been pieced together it is extremely likely that he suffered from what today would be called PTSD.

I am hoping that I shall be able to get some more information to help put something together for my husband and his siblings.

2. Owen

Owen O

3. GRW

GRW Pillboxologist WW2|ORG Editor

Welcome to the forums!

4. MCT

MCT New Member

Thanks, we were just discussing this last night with the family.

I need my husband's brother & sisters to have a search for their Dad's death certificate so we can proceed. His papers seem to be scattered between them, it's literally taken years to track down who has what and get them to find out where the safe place was that they put them! I think now that they've seen what I've uncovered in the last few days it has given them an added incentive to have another look so we can all find out more.

5. Owen

Owen O

If you can't find it you can order a copy of it.
    Details on how to do that can be found online .