Welcome to the WWII Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the community.

Digging up the remains of a German fighter

Discussion in 'Battlefield Relics' started by colletorww2, Sep 27, 2010.

1. colletorww2

colletorww2 Ace

It's been a while since i have been active on this forum, so i thought i might make it up to you guys and post this:

When i was younger i was told that a German fighter got shot down and crashed on the island of "Toska"(Which happens to be my homeplace) and right before the summer vacation started i bought myself a metal detector and i tried to search if there were any remains of the fighter.

Everybody who saw the crash said there was nothing left of it. Most of the big parts had been taken away, but i thought i might search after all.

The first couple days i only found junk, and i couldn't go to the crashsite because there were cows there blocking everywhere(Not that i am afraid of cows, but they were really annoying, they washed my pants with their tung, and went in my way all the time, they even tried eating my spade!). When the cows had finally been taken away from the field, i started searching, but i found nothing, then a good friend of mine who had also seen the plane go down pointed towards where he thought the plane had crashed, and he was right! The time i spend digging there was a sucsess, i found lots of parts, they were pretty rusted, but it was better than nothing.

If you have read all this without getting bored, here is your reward:

German planecrash 1945 pictures by colletorww2 - Photobucket

Martin Bull and GRW like this.
  2. GRW

GRW Pillboxologist WW2|ORG Editor

Boring? You must be joking!
    Thanks for posting.

3. Spartanroller

Spartanroller Ace

Hope you manage to find a bit or some info to positively ID the aircraft - looking forward to seeing more, good luck.

4. colletorww2

colletorww2 Ace

Thanks, i'll need it.

5. Martin Bull

Martin Bull Acting Wg. Cdr

That's quite a 'haul' of parts, ColletorWW2 ! Thanks for posting and well done....:cool:

6. Krystal80

Krystal80 Member

Excellent post! No way was I bored.