Welcome to the WWII Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the community.

Digital Ribbon Stack Creator

Discussion in 'Information Requests' started by buckusmc, Sep 25, 2016.

1. buckusmc

buckusmc Member

All,

I'm trying to create a digital ribbon stack for my uncle who was killed in the Philippines in January 1945. I used http://www.myservicepride.com/rack-builder.html for another report I did but the link went dead. Does anyone this have a good site?

Buck

Otto likes this.
  2. Biak

Biak Adjutant Patron  

3. buckusmc

buckusmc Member

Close but not exactly. I was looking for something similar to what I did for my other uncle that included badges and ribbons. I attached what I did from the other site, however that link is dead.

Attached Files:

4. Biak

Biak Adjutant Patron  

Okay I see what you're gong for. Haven't found anything that will allow the set-up (looks good by the way) you have. Maybe someone else will have an idea.

5. buckusmc

buckusmc Member

Okay, after a hour of searching I found another site that does ribbons and badges. While not as easy as the other site it did the trick. Here is the link http://www.medals.pl/us/

Attached Files:

6. TD-Tommy776

TD-Tommy776 Man of Constant Sorrow

There's some junk at the end of the URL which is preventing the link from working. I manually deleted everything after the "us/" and it worked fine.

7. George Patton

George Patton Canadian Refugee

Handy site.

One thing: since your uncle received the CIB, he would also have been eligible for a Bronze Star (retroactively, policy was implemented in 1947). https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Combat_Infantryman_Badge#History

8. buckusmc

buckusmc Member

Bronze Star with or without a "V" ? Either way it will not matter since he was killed on Luzon and was posthumously awarded the Silver Star. However, it would be nice to include that information in the report I did for the family about my uncle's service.

Buck

9. George Patton

Bronze Star without the "V". It would still show up in his ribbon rack (much like the Purple Heart and WW2 Victory Medal) -- it does not matter if it was awarded retroactively.

10. buckusmc

buckusmc Member

Thanks, for the information. Also here is the regulation about the Bronze Star for "exemplary conduct in ground combat against an armed enemy" from December 7, 1941 - September 2, 1945. US Army Regulation 600-8-22 Military Awards, I prefer the actual source whenever possible.

11. George Patton

As I said, your uncle is certainly entitled to a Bronze Star

"Award may be made to each Servicemember of the Army who, after 6 December 1941, has been cited in orders or awarded a certificate for exemplary conduct in ground combat against an armed enemy between 7 December 1941 and 2 September 1945, inclusive, or whose meritorious achievement has been otherwise confirmed by documents executed prior to 1 July 1947. For this purpose, an award of the CIB or CMB is considered as a citation in orders".

Since you're interested in original source documents, the 1947 order for the CIB/Bronze Star eligibility is documented in Change 13 to AR 600-45.

Otto likes this.