Welcome to the WWII Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the community.

Disgusting, absolutely disgusting

Discussion in 'Free Fire Zone' started by Slipdigit, Jan 7, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Miguel B.

Miguel B. Member

And then the commies are bad building a wall separating Berlin...

Cheers...

2. Za Rodinu

Za Rodinu Aquila non capit muscas

The question was not addressed to me, but yes, I agree. It has cut down remarkably the amount of Islmaic Martyrs laying bombs in military targets like schoolbuses and dancings.

Religion? How do you educate a bunch of religious fanatics? Do you still believe in your former PM Guterres' crap? If Fatah is as religious as the others, why is Fatah so quiet? Is this a religious problem? Isn't Islam a Religion of Peace? If so why aren't these Martyrs condemned? Why do we have to take everything at face value and forget the pround rifts within that religion?

3. Za Rodinu

That wall had been intended to keep the Western Germans from profiting from the free and better health care on the other side. At least that's what I was told at the time with a straight face :D

4. Miguel B.

Miguel B. Member

Simple. educate them before they become fanatics. Instead of bulldozing their houses to the ground. I bet if they had good living conditions, the suicide bombers and Hamas militants would be a minority. religion is not the cause. it's the means. It is a powerful mean to control people and usually, people which have little, cling to religion with their hands and tooth. So again, unlike in the movies, bombs aren't always the solution.

Cheers...

5. C.Evans

C.Evans Expert

:lol: Thank you for some more intelligent levity Miguel. ;-))

Also, I completely agree w/ you, Jeff & DA.

6. Slipdigit

Slipdigit Good Ol' Boy Staff Member WW2|ORG Editor

Yes, they were. The East Germans and the the Soviets did not build the wall to protect their borders from infiltration from the West, but to keep their own citizens from voting with their feet. Look at which side of the wall had the barbed wire and more importantly, who was shot trying to breach it. Best I can tell, no one was shot trying to get in, only to get out. And there are a host of pictures to demonstrate that.

7. 4th wilts

4th wilts Member

i like palestinians,cheers.:)

8. Skipper

Skipper Kommodore

Some of you should get a bit informed about the UN before you blame it. Why do you think Hezbollah has not attacked Israel in the North? Are you aware that Un troops are massively there and doing a great job? The only reason why the Un has no troops in Gaza is because both sides oppose their presence, they'd be ready to jump in despite the high risks. When it comes to food aid they are welcome though and guess why the 3 hour daily cease fire was stopped two days ago? Because a civilian UN convoy was attacked.... but that you hardly hear in the media. Those people are risking their lives on an every day basis to feed innocent civilians and I believe they deserve some respect whether Palestinian , Israeli or whatever country they come from .

Joe and urqh like this.
  9. Devilsadvocate

Devilsadvocate Ace

No, my wife is ethnic Chinese, but both her parents were born in Singapore. Their families original emigrated from the Shanghai are in China around the beginning of the 20th. century. Her father was an oil field engineer and was sent to Miri by his employer as a production engineer for the Miri field. After they were driven out of Borneo, the family briefly returned to Singapore, then migrated to Australia where they became Australian citizens. That is where I met her; she is now an American citizen.

As for your example of Hitler and the Nazis, it's true the Nazis were responsible for the conflict with the German people, but while the conflict raged, the whole of the German population was considered enemies and suffered the consequences. It's not so simple to distinguish between who is responsible and who is innocent while the battle is ongoing; all must be treated as potential enemies until proven otherwise.

10. Devilsadvocate

Devilsadvocate Ace

This is absolutely true.

The Palestinians seem to have a knack for making themselves unwelcome wherever they go, even among fellow Moslems. The more radical elements among the Palestinians (Hamas and Al Fatah) have to keep the war with Israel alive because their personal power depends on there being a conflict with the Jews. They really don't give a damn about the suffering of the average Palistinian. This is all about a handful of extremists keeping their grasp on political power and wealth.

11. Devilsadvocate

Devilsadvocate Ace

Yeah, I'd like to see you sort out the homicide bombers with gentleness and understanding.

The very fact the Israelis sometimes open their borders despite such outrageous threats belies your assertion of xenophobic motives. Israel has more than bent over backwards to be accommodating and each time their citizens have ended up suffering for it.

As for educating them, sure, go for it! But in the meantime, you have to protect yourself and stay alive, and that means killing the radical Palestinian elements who are trying to kill you. And since those elements make a habit of using their own civilians as cover and shields, guess what? Palestinian civilians are going to die because their own leaders don't give a damn about them.

Excuse me if I don't weep for the poor, benighted Palestinians.

C.Evans likes this.
  12. Devilsadvocate

Devilsadvocate Ace

Miguel, you are a typical confused, baffled Leftist.

The Berlin Wall was built to keep their own people captive. The walls Slipdigit and I advocate are to keep aliens and terrorists out; BIG DIFFERENCE.

13. Miguel B.

Miguel B. Member

Like 40 kids in a school. It's funny how you condemn (and rightly so) Hamas for attacking schools but when Israel totally destroys an entire neighbourhood (all Hamas elements I'm sure...) it's ok. they are protecting themselves... Well, what's the difference?? The Palestinians started first?

Cheers...

14. Slipdigit

Slipdigit Good Ol' Boy Staff Member WW2|ORG Editor

Yes, they did.
    Who invaded Israel the day the nation was created?
    Who offered the Palestinians citizenship?
    Who has not?
    Who allows Palestinians the right to vote and who does not?

It is interesting that before the middle 20th Century, there was no such thing as "Palestinians". Before that, they were called Arabs. They are referred to as members of a country that has never existed, ever. I stand by my position that the "Palestinians" are merely pawns used by the political and religous leaders (they are pretty much the same) in the Arab world to stir up discontent among the ignorant populace, so as to have a reason to retain power.

It is also notable that Israel allow Moslems to practice their religon. Do other nations in the area allow Jews to worship in their own manner? I can stand a Christmas tree up in my home in Bethlehem or Jerusalem, can I do likewise in Mecca or Medina. I can't if I want to keep my head attached firmly to my body.

15. Devilsadvocate

Devilsadvocate Ace

Well, let's see.

The Israelis separate things like schools and hospitals from military facilities and, as far as possible, activities related to military operations. Hamas and other Islamic terrorist organizations specifically target civilian schools, hospitals, markets, public transit, restaurants, and other venues were civilians are likely to gather. The Israelis do not use their own civilians as cover for military opeations and as shields to protect their military positions. Hamas, however, sponsers homicide bombers who specifically try to kill as many civiians as possible

Hamas, on the other hand, makes every effort to cover their military activities by mingling them with civilians, and to use civilian homes, schools, hospitals, etc. as shields and havens for their terrorist operations. Hamas places rocket launching positions, and empleces mortars in civilian neighborhoods, for example, so the Israelis cannot fire counterbattery missions without killing civilians and destroying civilian facilities. Hamas then complains to the international media when Palestinian civilians are killed by Israeli counterfire.

You tell me where the difference lies.

16. Richard

Richard Expert

When Israel was formed the Arabs had there chance in 1948 to crush them and failed. Since then the Arabs have failed and will continual to fail as they are driven by Hatred.

17. JCFalkenbergIII

JCFalkenbergIII Expert

Well here goes since this thread can't or won't stay on topic LOL. Hey Miguel B? Has Hamas alerted anyone in advance, like the IDF has,by Phone,Dropped leaflets and TV or Radio that they were going to hit a building?If the "civilians" stay then its their own fault. But that's what Hamas wants and there are rumors that they are preventing them from leaving. A great chance for some more "Poor Innocents" killed propaganda. I have seen videos of a targeted builing being hit by the IDF. The only building to be hit was JUST that building. Pretty damn accurate. Lets look at the vicious circle not to mention that Hamas broke the "Truce" 5 days into it by launching rockets into Israel. "Self Defence"? BS!!! This is what happens over and over, First Hamas launches rockets from within or near civilian areas and buildings or homes and schools. Hoping for civilian or children casualties. Of course you can't tell a civilian from a Hamas "Fighter" due to not wearing a uniform. Then Israel reacts. Hamas gets hit bad.They cry for a "Truce" or "Ceasefire". Israel agrees to it. Hamas then rearms and resupplies. Hamas breaks the "Truce" or "Ceasefire" when ready again by once more launching rockets. Then Israel reacts. Hamas gets hit bad.They cry for a "Truce" or "Ceasefire". Israel agrees to it. Hamas then rearms and resupplies. Hamas breasks the "Truce" or ceasefire when ready again by once more launching rockets . Its the same all the time. Granted that I don't approve sometimes of Israel's heavy handedness but after years of this what do you expect? ONE human life hurt or killed is not worth this crap. I dont give a damn if its Israeli or Palestinian. For some here on the Internet they could care less about the Palestinians. Its only an excuse to validate thier bigotry and bias. I for one want both to live in peace and harmony. Either together as a state or seperate of eachother. The killing and violence on BOTH sides have to stop. And I have some news for some of you. You do realize that the West Bank seems to be doing well so far as opposed to Gaza. Why is that? Also how about some of the Blame being put on Egypt? You know that the Israelis has one fence between Isreal and Gaza? The other fence is with Egypt. To keep the Gaza Palestinians and a Hamas type militancy OUT of thier country. And of course there is no fence or barrier on the OPEN side on the MED. Sorry for the rant. I now let you get back to whatever you are doing.

18. C.Evans

C.Evans Expert

Excellent!! Couldn't agree more. Can't properly :salute: ya but WILL give my 24 rep points.

19. Za Rodinu

So do I, they taste like chicken!

20. Za Rodinu

Concerning the posts above, it is my belief that y'all are a bunch of Joos to be defending Israel's actions the way you are, there can be no other explanation :lol:

Either that or you are in the Wisemen of Zion's pockets!

Going back a few years, Arik Sharon took the bold and painful step to have all (ALL) Jewish settlements in Gaza dismantled, and everybody pulled back over the border, and the entire territory handed back to the Palestinians.

A dream situation, those awful settlements, "The Fetters of Greece" (damn! I have a Classical education or don't I?!) gone, and the Palestinians able to build a core of a nation!!!

What ensues? Civil F**king War! All factions go shooting between themselves, including in the middle the criminal gangs and clans, and Hamas comes out on top. Fatah gives up on Gaza and hangs on to the Occupied Territories in Cisjordan, where they suppress Hamas and cooperate with the building of "Zer Wall" in order to cement a mutual security pact with Israel. Since then, Cisjordan has been funtioning rather normally, there is an economic life, access to outside albeit controlled, Fatah talks to Israel, Israel talks to Fatah.

Gaza in the meantime is just another refugee camp surviving on European and USA handouts. European and USA because the ARAB countries got fed up and have stopped giving money, only Iran sends some remittances to keep appearances, even if they are not Arabic. In the meantime the rethoric is kept up, but it's just rethoric.

A-58 likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.