Welcome to the WWII Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the community.

Donald J Trump

Discussion in 'The Stump' started by CAC, Dec 9, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Takao

Takao Ace

Yeah, neither did the Norwegians...till it happened.
    [​IMG]

2. bronk7

bronk7 Well-Known Member

what's your point?

3. Takao

Takao Ace

You don't recognize him?

4. CAC

CAC Ace of Spades

That bloke reminds me of Martin Br..t (refuse to publish his name) - Held the world record here in Australia for the largest attack from a lone gunman...32 i think...he went after Asians (and anybody else in the way) - A looney...a single person with mental problems cant be seen as "terrorism" - The last attack at the Lindt cafe last year was another example...Their mental issues seem to lend themselves to "foreigners" and give them in their own heads an excuse...

5. m kenny

m kenny Member

What struck me about Trump is the way he is aping Mussolini's facial gestures. It must be deliberate. From the UK it looks like a bunch of morons who are all trying to 'out-crazy' each other.
    We have the same problem in the UK where UKIP/EDL/NF function as a rallying point for for the unsophisticated irrational anti-muslim masses!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aYd9qbRz2fc

6. CAC

CAC Ace of Spades

Australia's version is/was Pauline Hanson...a red head with a mighty low IQ.
    Started her own (racist) party and got enough votes to sit in parliament...straight from the fish and chip shop she worked in, to the bowels of power in Australia...she makes Trump look like a mesiah...be careful my US friends...You've only just got your credibility back from Bush jr...and we laughed for years with Reagan at the helm...forget charisma...look for substance. (I know the poeple i should be giving this message arent the Americans on this forum - ya'll seem to already know).

7. KodiakBeer

KodiakBeer Member

I don't disagree with Trump on Syrian immigration, it's everything else I disagree with. Let the Syrians go to one of the rich oil states. Let those of fighting age stay and fight.

I don't think clamping down on immigration of any kind shows racist intent. We're simply not in an economic position to provide jobs right now, and we're certainly not in a position to house, feed and support a large number of immigrants who can't find jobs. We've already got millions of people coming in from the south and even though they tend to be good citizens, lack of education relegates them to the bottom tier where they still end up being partially subsidized by taxpayers.

All of this immigration talk is a distraction. The economy is the big issue facing this country, and that should be the focus of American voters. Who can fix the economy? Not Trump. Certainly not Hillary. We've got 92 million working age people who have simply dropped out of the job market since Obama came in. All of them are living wholly or partially on taxpayer assistance. It's not supportable. Trump is in the way and if he gets the nomination he'll lose to Hillary and we'll continue down the same spiral we're in now.

8. Takao

Takao Ace

Unfortunately, 92 million(actually it is now 94.45 million-seasonally adjusted) does not mean much unless it is put in context. Basically, it is continuing a trend that started back in 1980, but only really took off in the mid-90's: It was, roughly, 60 million when Reagen took office, 65 million when Clinton took office, 70 million when Bush II took office, and 80 million when Obama took office. Finally, it will likely be 95 million when the next President has taken office. The trends in these numbers are; the percentage of senior citizens(55 & older) is dropping, those in the prime of their working years(25-54) has stayed steady, and those who are just starting out(16-24) is rising.

My two cents says the growing trend of those “not in the labor force” will continue to rise...no matter what idiot wins in 2016. So far, none of the Presidents, Republican or Democrat, have been able to reverse this trend.

9. belasar

belasar Court Jester

Doubtful any president can reverse the trend.

We live in an era where fewer people can produce more, or where people elsewhere can produce it more economically. Until the US finds some kind of widget that can only be produced here, and is something that the entire world population has to have, the trend will not reverse, and probably get worse.

10. bronk7

bronk7 Well-Known Member

Norway's 1 most recent mass killer....and??? and that is in country....not an immigrant/refugee...out of how many Mulsim terrorists???

11. Poppy

Poppy grasshopper

Have to ride this horse again.
    Hillary is all about care and love- not. If only she walked the talk. She will say and do anything to get elected.Trump has lying hair, hillary has crazy, crazy eyes. Windows to the soul.
    http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories/U/US_DEM_2016_CLINTON_LOVE_AND_KINDNESS?SITE=AP&SECTION=HOME&TEMPLATE=DEFAULT&CTIME=2015-12-11-04-12-24
    Guessing her suppoerters don't read the news.
    She flat out told the kin of those killed in Benghazi that it was a youtube video that caused their deaths. Went so far as to say the makers of the video would be arrested.
    Bama said it was the video as well.
    Lying liars.

12. LJAd

LJAd Well-Known Member

I don't think Trump will get the nomination or become president : the establishment of both parties will do everything to stop him.But all will eventually depend on the voter : if he want a real change, he must vote for Trump,otherwise he will get an other Obama (Hillary) or the son of Mccain /Romney and all will remain the same and the decline will continue till the whole thing collapses.

13. Takao

Takao Ace

Real change is not going to come from Donald Trump, it will be more business as usual in Washington DC.

Will Trump get the Republican nomination...Hard to say, but, he has threatened on several occasions to run as an Independent if he does not.

14. CAC

CAC Ace of Spades

Bit harsh...America is great because of its people, not any president...the shine has been lost, but can come back again...it depends on the people's will.
    Interesting conversation about 'trend of not in the labour force' - I watched bicentennial man (again) last night and regailled my gf for the millionth time on the FACT that robots are coming...here in Darwin they've taken the 'check out chick' roles...and with driverless cars set to take off...all our truck drivers will very quickly lose their jobs...followed by taxi and bus drivers...and so on...My gf friend is intelligent enough to realise all,this will change....everything. How in the (near future) are we going to pay people who do nothing? It will be become evident quickly that humans no longer need to ' keep,the species going' - and unless you are educated, you have almost zero chance of a job...so, what is the answer? Population control is bound to follow...and a miriad of new ideas about how we must live...the sci fi writers have been busy trying to nut the future out for years...they have 'some' answers, but I'm yet to get good detail on how this can be done with minimal 'unrest'...
    Apologies for the geek detour...

15. Takao

Takao Ace

Sounds like you are describing WALL-E
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h1BQPV-iCkU

CAC likes this.
  16. Takao

Takao Ace

IIRC, they did away with "money" in Star Trek. But, again IIRC, the specifics of the economy was never discussed.

17. belasar

belasar Court Jester

To be honest, kinda sounded like communism, whenever 'money' got mentioned it was usually in a "capitalist running dog" context.

Oh (non-specified deity), another treasured childhood memory shot to hell!

Well at least i still have Star Wars, unless they do something goofy like sell it to Disney............

Attached Files:

18. Takao

Takao Ace

Isn't Goofy in the next Star Wars?

19. Takao

Takao Ace

Only if you were a child who watched The Next Generation or Deep Space 9...

There were more than a few references to spending money in the original series. However, with the original movies, it was a little contradictory - the gag effect of not having money was used in Star Trek IV, but in Star Trek VI Scotty mentions that he had just bought a boat right before retirement.

So, at least, early on, the Federation Economy worked as required by the Plot.

Edit - Oh man, there I go again...Full Bore Geek.

20. USMCPrice

USMCPrice Idiot at Large

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.